Subject: ANNOUNCE: NAMD 2.1b1

From: Jim Phillips <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 23:13:00 -0500 (CDT)

+--------------------------------------------------------------------+
|                                                                    |
|                  NAMD 2.1b1 Release Announcement                   |
|                                                                    |
+--------------------------------------------------------------------+

                                                   September 15, 1999

The Theoretical Biophysics Group at the University of Illinois is
proud to announce the public release of a new version of NAMD, a
parallel, object-oriented molecular dynamics code designed for
high-performance simulation of large biomolecular systems.  NAMD is
distributed free of charge and includes source code.  NAMD 2.1b1 is
more stable than NAMD 2.0 and adds several new features:

- Mollified impulse multiple timestepping method.

- Faster particle mesh Ewald implementation.

- Periodic boundaries for non-orthogonal cells.

- New interactive molecular dynamics interface to VMD.

NAMD is available from http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/.
Mail any questions or comments to [email-masked].