Subject: ANNOUNCE: gOpenMol 1.3

From: "Leif Laaksonen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 13:28:04 +0300

SCARECROW Computing Group at the Center for Scientific Computing
is proud to announce the release of a new version of gOpenMol,
a program for the display and analysis of molecular structures.

gOpenMol is distributed free of charge and includes source code.
The current release supports Windows NT/95/98 and Intel Linux.
The SGI release will be ready soon.

New features in version 1.3:
* All the discovered bugs in version 1.2 have been corrected.
* Tcl and Tk versions 8.2 are now in use.
* Coordinates can be exported as VRML models. So far only
  of the molecules. Cutplanes, isosurfaces and orbitals will be
implemented later.
* More line commands have got a graphical interface.
* Improved facility to run/edit Tcl scripts.
* Stereo pair display.
* Possibility to add atom symbols to the display.
* Possibility to edit light position and properties.
* Filter program to convert a grid file from the GRID program into the
format
  used by gOpenMol.
* Filter program to convert an AutoDock electrostatic grid file into the
format
  used by gOpenMol.
* A tutorial written by Scott Anderson.
* Commands that originally was written in C has been rewritten in Tcl to
enable
  flexible extensions and correction.
* A crude manual is available in the doc directory. For new versions
please
  check the Windows Word file:
http://laaksonen.csc.fi/gopenmol/docs/gOpenMol.pdf

gOpenMol is available from: http://laaksonen.csc.fi/gopenmol/.
Please feel free to mail any comments and questions to
[email-masked].

Yours,

-leif laaksonen