Subject: Call for Papers - Modeling and Informatics for Experimentalists

From: "Osman F. Guner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 13:48:48 -0700

This message has been posted to: [email-masked],
[email-masked], [email-masked],
[email-masked].  Apologies for multiple-posting

MODELING AND INFORMATICS FOR NON-EXPERTS

To be held at the 219th National American Chemical Society Meeting in San
Francisco California, March 26-30, 2000

Sponsored by the Division of Chemical Information (CINF)

Computers were used to be available only to a small number of experts;
today computers are a commodity.
Internet were used to be accessible only by selected experts; today
Internet is accessible by all.

How does evolution of computational chemistry map to these paradigm
changes?  Informatics and modeling tools that has only been available to
information scientists and computational chemists are now being used by
experimental chemists, medicinal chemists.  What are the consequence of
this broadened use of computational tools?  What are the benefits or
issues?    

If you have an opinion on this topic, or if you know of success stories or
failures in this area, you may want to consider presenting your views in
this symposium.  Please use the On-line Abstract System (OASys) to submit
your abstracts.  At http://acs.confex.com/acs/219nm/cinf/papers/index.cgi ,
select the symposium with the above title.  The deadline for submitting
abstracts is October 22, 1999.

Although use of the OASys is strongly encouraged for your abstract
submission, should you have difficulties with the OASys, feel free to
E-mail me an electronic copy of your abstract by filling out the word
template that a be downloaded at
http://www.acs.org/meetings/abstract/absdown.html 

Cheers...Osman

---
Osman F. Güner, Ph.D.
Sr.Product Manager,    Rational & Combinatorial Drug Design
Molecular Simulations Inc.                              (858)799-5341
[email-masked]                                  http://www.msi.com