From: Marcio Cyrillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 19:29:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi CCLers, 
    Sometime ago I read a post from someone looking for a C to Fortran
translator. Although I have many reasons to believe this kind of translation
will not be successful in most of cases, I found a link to a program for
Windows95/98 which is supposed to do the job:
http://www.uni-comp.com/fortran/free.html
    My experience using f2c is that the code produced is mostly not
understandable. I truly believe it is better to spend some time learning C (not
C++) which is a powerful language for scientific applications. C++ seems to be
worth using only if one intends to build very professional applications.

Best wishes,

Marcio.

=====
 Marcio Cyrillo - http://www.ifi.unicamp.br/~cyrillo
 [email-masked] - [email-masked] - [email-masked]
 Graduate Student
 State University of Campinas - UNICAMP
 Campinas - SP - Brazil
 Applied Physics Department
 room 51 - phone +55 19 788 2364 
__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Bid and sell for free at http://auctions.yahoo.com