Subject: Linux distributions and FORTRAN (g77)

From: "Dr.Teerakiat Kerdcharoen" <[email-masked]>
Date: 27 Sep 99 15:34:40 MET DST

Hi there,
According to Mike Falcetta's problem on G77 compiler on Linux,
I would like to share some experiences. G77 has no option to
promote single precision to double precision, namely -r8, which
is available in most F77 compiler. I also had disastrous results
>from MD simulations without double precision. All we can do is
that (1) use f2c instead (2) manually change all single precision
variables to double that is laborious or (3) obtain free full
function FORTRAN compiler. I suggest the WEB site,

http://www.psrv.com/lnxf90.html

for obtaining F90 compiler. Perhaps you need to specify some
switch so as to compile F77 code.
Best,
Teerakiat
  =

____________________________________________________________________
Get free email and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com/?N=3D=
1