Subject: Re: CCL:C to Fortran

From: Jochen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 09:35:17 +0200

On Die, 28 Sep 1999 Iraj Daizadeh wrote:

Jochen Küpper wrote:
>> There is the cfortran package to do that portably.

>This process is trivial and is essentially unix platform independent. See
>my review in the archives-- or for a most trivial example ... see
>
>http://www.mcb.harvard.edu/gilbert/daizadeh/multi_prog.html

Well, some compilers add a underscore, some don't. GCC actually adds _two_
underscores if the fortran name contains one already.
What's about strings ?
...

This stuff is nicely handled by cfortran. But basically there is no
problem in calling C -> FORTRAN or vice versa. I have done that for
several projects. If you use an autoconf/automake organized project to be
compiled on any exotical system cfortran gets handy, though.
And it takes some thinking from people not that familiar with FORTRAN
calling conventions.

Since I was asked, cfortran is available at
  http://www-zeus.desy.de/~burow
I am not connected to that project at all, besides using it :-)

-- Jochen
        Heinrich-Heine-Universität, Institut für Physikalische Chemie I
        Universitätsstr. 1, Geb. 26.43.02.29, 40225 Düsseldorf, Germany
phone 02118113681 fax 02118115195  --  www-public.rz.uni-duesseldorf.de/~jochen
[email-masked] -- [email-masked] -- [email-masked]