Subject: drug design conference next month

From: "Boyd" <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Sep 1999 14:25:00 -0500

CCLers:

			--Announcement--
Innovative Computational Applications:  The Interface of Library Design, 
Bioinformatics, Structure Based Drug Design, and Virtual Screening

October 25-27, 1999, The Sir Francis Drake Hotel, San Francisco, 
California

This international symposium will provide practical solutions to 
maximize value of chemical lead discovery protocols and enhance 
computational chemistry and computer-aided drug design programs.

Featured Keynote Address:
*	DOCKING & SCORING
Irwin "Tack" Kuntz, Ph.D.
Director, Molecular Design Institute
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA- SAN FRANCISCO

Also featuring these presentations and industry leaders: 

*	Flexible Docking in Lead Optimization: Comparison of Scoring
	Functions and Algorithms
	Michal Vieth, Ph.D., Senior Computational Chemist, ELI LILLY & CO.
*	Docking, Scoring and Virtual Screening with Free Energy Functions:
	Squeezing More from LogP
	Glen E. Kellogg, Ph.D., Professor, VIRGINIA COMMONWEALTH UNIV.
*	Exploring Computational Tools and Protocols for Structure-based
	Drug Design
	Charles L. Brooks, III, Ph.D. Professor, SCRIPPS RESEARCH INSTITUTE
*	Developing a Software and Data Infrastructure for Ligand Design
	Michael K. Gilson, Ph.D., M.D., Fellow, CENTER FOR ADVANCED RESEARCH
	IN BIOTECHNOLOGY (CARB)
*	De Novo Design of Synthetically Accessible Lead Compounds
	Peter Johnson, Ph.D. , Professor, UNIV. OF LEEDS
*	Facilitating Drug Discovery through an Integrated Chemoinformatics
	Environment
	Mic Lajiness, Computer-Aided Drug Design, PHARMACIA & UPJOHN
*	Quantifying Similarity and Diversity for Ligands, Proteins and
	Ligand-Protein Interactions
	Jonathan S. Mason, Ph.D., Director ,CADD, BRISTOL-MYERS SQUIBB
*	Applications of Flow NMR Spectroscopy to Monitor Binding of Small
	Molecules to Proteins
	Brian J. Stockman, Ph.D. Sr Research Scientist,  PHARMACIA & UPJOHN
*	Using Crystallographic Databases for Practical Drug Design
	Robin Taylor, Ph.D., Director, CAMBRIDGE CRYSTALL. DATA CENTRE
*	Have We Made Progress Predicting Biological Activity?
	Yvonne C. Martin, Ph.D., Sr. Project Leader,  ABBOTT LABORATORIES
*	Aligning 3D Structures Using Field-Based Similarity Searching (FBSS)
	Peter Willett, Ph.D., Professor, UNIVERSITY OF SHEFFIELD
*	A Computational Approach Towards Effective Lead Evolution
	Peter D.J. Grootenhuis, Ph.D., Director, Molecular Design, COMBICHEM
*	Novel Algorithms for the Design of Diverse and Focused Combinatorial
	Libraries
	Robert S. Pearlman, Ph.D, Director, UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT AUSTIN
*	The Indexing of Virtual Libraries by Shape and Electrostatics
	Anthony Nicholls, Ph.D., Founder, OPENEYE SCIENTIFIC SOFTWARE, INC.
*	Virtual Screening - An Integrated Approach for Advanced Library
	Evaluation
	W. Patrick Walters, Ph.D., Senior Staff Investigator, VERTEX PHARMA
*	Screening Large Structural Databases for Diverse Ligands to Flexible,
	Solvated Proteins
	Leslie Kuhn, Ph.D.  Professor, Dept. of Biochemistry, MICHIGAN STATE
*	Discovery of a Small Molecule Motilin Antagonist through Electronic
	Database Screening
	Mary Pat Beavers, Ph.D., CADD, R.W. JOHNSON RESEARCH INSTITUTE
*	Enumeration and Canonicalization of Tautomers in Drug Design
	Roger Sayle, Ph.D., Vice President, Bioinformatics Group, METAPHORICS
*	Probability Modeling in High Throughput Drug Discovery
	Paul Labute, Ph.D., President and CEO, CHEMICAL COMPUTING GROUP
*	Sensitivity Analysis, 9-Point Pharmacophores,  and Other Improved
	Tools for Combinatorial Library Design
	Eric Martin, Ph.D., Asst. Director, Computational Chemistry, CHIRON

There will be a PRECONFERENCE SYMPOSIUM on Monday, October 25, 1999:

Interfacing Bioinformatics, Chemoinformatics, and ADME Models for
Accelerated Drug Discovery

This is for individuals seeking to develop programs and protocols that 
integrate bioinformatics and chemoinformatics. 

Speakers:

Andrew Lyall, Ph.D., IT Director & CIO, OXFORD GLYCOSCIENCES (UK) LTD.
Michael N. Liebman, Ph.D., Director, Bioinformatics, WYETH-AYERST RESEARCH
John Weinstein, M.D., Ph.D., Molecular Pharmacology, U.S. NATIONAL CANCER
INST.
Manfred J. Sippl, Ph.D.Professor, Applied Molecular Engineering, UNIV. OF
SALZBURG
Steven E. Brenner, Ph.D., Department of Structural Biology, STANFORD
UNIVERSITY
Michael S. Lawless, Ph.D., Applications Scientist, TRIPOS, INC.
David Lewis, Reader in Molecular Toxicology , UNIVERSITY OF SURREY
Vijay O. Bhargava, Ph.D., Sr. Director, Drug Metabolism, HOECHST MARION
ROUSSEL

For more information, see http://www.iir-ny.com/conference.cfm?EventID=p0459&
and http://www.iir-ny.com/conference.cfm?EventID=p0459&

Or contact Ellen Lubman, Director for this meeting, e-mail [email-masked].