Subject: C60 POINT GROUP

From: "Dr. Rajendra Shirsat" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 15:43:32 +0530 (IST)

Dear all;
Can any one tell me about the point group of C60 and related material.
shirsat

 _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 
|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
|_|                             |_|                                     |_|
|_|  Dr. R.N. Shirsat           |_|   E-Mail: [email-masked]  |_|
|_|  Department of Chemistry    |_|   Fax   : 91-832-224184             |_|
|_|  Goa University             |_|   Ph    : 221377                    |_|
|_|  Taleigao Plateau           |_|                                     |_|
|_|  Goa - 403 206  INDIA       |_|                                     |_|
|_|_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _|_|_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _|_| 
|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|

---

From: Jochen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 09:55:25 +0200

On Don, 30 Sep 1999 [email-masked] wrote:
>Hi,
>  could you explain a litle (or refer me to doc's that would) about f77
>optimizing NP and C++ not.

I am sorry I don't have any reference handy. It just came to my mind that
I read it some times before when Matt put it into game in his mail.

You should find it in any book dealing with the _theoretical_ background
of compiler theory. You might go to your CS library and look into
theoretical computer science books to find one or a few that deal with
compilers.
You will also find it in books on compiler theory, some do have a FORTRAN
vs C section.

-- Jochen
        Heinrich-Heine-Universität, Institut für Physikalische Chemie I
        Universitätsstr. 1, Geb. 26.43.02.29, 40225 Düsseldorf, Germany
phone 02118113681 fax 02118115195  --  www-public.rz.uni-duesseldorf.de/~jochen
[email-masked] -- [email-masked] -- [email-masked]

---

From: Jochen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 14:33:47 +0200

>Can any one tell me about the point group of C60 and related material.

It's icosahedral, IIRC.
You should find a charater table in any chemistry related group theory
book.

-- Jochen

---

From: Matt Challacombe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 09:49:39 -0600

Hi CCLers, Rajarshi,

To my knowedge optimization in F77, F90, F95 ... is not NP hard.
For those interested, see:

http://www.mailbase.ac.uk/lists/comp-fortran-90/1999-09/0000.html

and 

http://www.mailbase.ac.uk/lists/comp-fortran-90/1999-09/0003.html

Cheers, Matt

On Wed, 29 Sep 1999, [email-masked] wrote:
> TIA
> Rajarshi Guha
> <[email-masked]>
> -= This is automatically added to each message by mailing script =-
> [email-masked] -- To Everybody    |   [email-masked] -- To Admins
> [email-masked] -- HELP CHEMISTRY or HELP SEARCH
> [email-masked] -- archive search    |    Gopher: gopher.ccl.net 70
> Ftp: ftp.ccl.net  |  WWW: http://www.ccl.net/chemistry/   | Jan: [email-masked]
-- 
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+ Matt Challacombe, Ph.D.           http://www.t12.lanl.gov/~mchalla/ +
+ Los Alamos National Laboratory    email: [email-masked]       + 
+ Theoretical Division              vmail:   (505) 698-4112           +
+ Group T-12, Mail Stop B268        phone:   (505) 665-5905           +
+ Los Alamos, New Mexico  87545     fax:     (505) 665-3909           +
+                                                                     +
+ "The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go  +
+  the more likely it is you'll crash." -- Julie Furtado              +
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+