Subject: Software for Review

From: "Stephen R. Heller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 1999 09:47:32 -0400 (EDT)

2 October 1999

Subject:  Computer Software for Review

        As the Software Review Editor for the ACS Journal of Chemical
Information and Computer Science (JCICS) I often get software for review
in the journal.   I have one (1) new software product. I am looking
a person who is wlling to review this  software product.  In return
for the review which is published in JCICS you get to keep the software
or database.  The review should be completed in 1-3 months.  The length
of the review is 4-10 double spaced typed pages.  Sample reviews can be
found in most of the recent issues of JCICS.

        Please try to give me some (short) reason to choose you over
another person.

        I have tried this approach for about the past eight years and it
is working reasonably well. (REMINDER: For those who haven't finished
your reviews of software sent months and months ago, this last sentence
does not apply to you!)  As a result, I am continuing this new method to
find reviewers using this e-mail/user group system.  I reserve the right
to abandon this if it is a problem, or inappropriate.  I will not notify
people if I have found a reviewer.  If you don't hear from me within a
few days I have chosen someone else to review the particular package.

        As I get many, many, (too many) replies to this message, please
do not respond after 6 October, 1999 (Wednesday), as I am sure the 
software will be gone by then.

        I can be reached on Internet ([email-masked]).

        PLEASE BE SURE TO INCLUDE AN STREET ADDRESS, PHONE, and FAX
NUMBER!!!        (I often send the software by Federal Express.)  Without
this information I WILL NOT consider your request.

        Steve Heller

The package I now have is:

SCUPLT 3.0 from MDL Information Systems. It comes on a CDROM. It is a 
program for interactive 3D visualization and manipulation of  
chemical structures.

Steve Heller, Guest Researcher
NIST/SRD, Mail Stop: 820/113
820 Diamond Avenue, Room 101
Gaithersburg, MD 20899-2310 USA
Phone: 301-975-3338    FAX: 301-926-0416
E-mail:  [email-masked]
WWW:     www.hellers.com/~steve