Subject: ANNOUNCE: NAMD 2.1b2

From: Jim Phillips <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 17:09:50 -0500 (CDT)

+--------------------------------------------------------------------+
|                                                                    |
|                  NAMD 2.1b2 Release Announcement                   |
|                                                                    |
+--------------------------------------------------------------------+

                                                   October 8, 1999

The Theoretical Biophysics Group at the University of Illinois is
proud to announce the public release of a new version of NAMD, a
parallel, object-oriented molecular dynamics code designed for
high-performance simulation of large biomolecular systems.  NAMD is
distributed free of charge and includes source code.  NAMD development
is supported by the NIH National Center for Research Resources.

NAMD 2.1b2 is more stable than NAMD 2.0 and adds several new features:

- Mollified impulse multiple timestepping method.

- Faster particle mesh Ewald implementation.

- Periodic boundaries for non-orthogonal cells.

- New interactive molecular dynamics interface to VMD.

NAMD is available from http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/.

The Theoretical Biophysics group encourages NAMD users to be closely
involved in the development process through reporting bugs, contributing
fixes, periodical surveys and via other means.  Any questions or comments
may be directed to [email-masked].

We are eager to hear from you, and thank you for using our software!