Subject: Beowulf+Chemistry web site

From: "Donald B. Kinghorn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 10:41:14 -0700

Hi all,

Sorry I've been over a week getting back to this ...

I gave my talk and it went very well ... looks like there will be two
more beowulf projects in the department in addition to what our group is
doing. Success! :-)
[the only bad(?) part is that the other projects actually have money to
work with and we don't -- Oh well.]  I have managed to get 4 dual PII400
boxes together that I can use for a dedicated beowulf. I'll be setting
it up this week.

I made some web pages for the talk. The site is definitely "under
construction". I'll try to work on the site since there seems to be some
interest. The theme is "Beowulf Clusters for Chemists".

http://www.chem.arizona.edu/theochem/beowulf

The promised summary of e-mail responses to my original posting is at

http://www.chem.arizona.edu/theochem/beowulf/chemsites.html

Again, thanks for the replies.

I had hoped to get some more work done on the site before I announced
but it may be another week before I get back to it, so...

Best wishes
-Don
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Dr. Donald B. Kinghorn
Theoretical and Computational Chemistry Group
University of Arizona Dept. of Chemistry
Tucson AZ
[email-masked]
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++