Subject: TVect on Gaussian 98.

From: Fernando Vila <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 15:57:29 -0400 (EDT)

Hello everybody,

   We have been trying to use the Opt=(EF,TVect=...) option on Gaussian 98
without success. I have used this option before and I'm surprised that it
doesn't work anymore on G98 (I have tried with both Rev A4 and A7). This
option is still documented in the manual, so I suspect that something has
to be wrong. Any comments are welcome.

Here is the error message we get:

**********************************************
 Gaussian 98:  IBM-RS6000-G98RevA.7 11-Apr-1999
                  22-Oct-1999
 **********************************************
 %Mem=20000000
 %Chk=w2.chk
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------
 #P HF/3-21G Guess=(Read) Geom=(Check) SCF=(Tight) # Opt=(EF,TS,ReadFC,
 TVect=1,Small)
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------
  QPERR --- A SYNTAX ERROR WAS DETECTED IN THE INPUT LINE.
 ) # OPT=(EF,TS,READFC,TVECT=1,SMALL)
                       '
 Last state="OPT2"
 TCursr= 9009 LCursr=  70
 Error termination via Lnk1e in /usr/local/g98/l1.exe.
 Job cpu time:  0 days  0 hours  0 minutes   .4 seconds.
 File lengths (MBytes):  RWF=    6 Int=    0 D2E=    0 Chk=    5 Scr=    1

Best regards, Fer..

*******************************************************************************
Fernando D. Vila       
Department of Chemistry              Voice    (412)624-8694
University of Pittsburgh             Fax      (412)624-8552             
Box 90 Chevron Science Center        E-mail   [email-masked]
Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA            WWW      http://www.pitt.edu/~fer
*******************************************************************************