Subject: PC-Gamess at SC99

From: "Mattson, Timothy G" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 11:53:04 -0700

Hello,

I am happy to report that Alex A. Granovsky -- one of the research
scientists responsible for PC GAMESS -- will be visiting the U.S. later this
fall.  During this visit, he will attend SC99 in Portland Oregon. Since many
chemists attend SC99, I wanted to setup a time and place where people can
meet with Alex and talk to him about PC GAMESS.

To this end, I've organized a Birds of a Feather session at SC99 about PC
GAMESS.  It will be held on Thursday, November 18 at 5 PM in Room C125 at
the Portland Convention Center.  Alex will give a talk about PC GAMESS, but
the format will be informal with lots of time for questions.

If you have any questions about this BOF or Alex's visit to the U.S., send
me email ([email-masked]) or give me a call at 503-696-3554.

--Tim Mattson

Intel Corp.
Parallel Algorithms Laboratory

P.S. Here is a title and abstract for the talk Alex will give at the BOF.

Title:           The PC GAMESS project at MSU.

An abstract:     The historical overview of the PC GAMESS (PCG)-related
                 activity at MSU will be given first, as well as the main
                 directions of the current and future works.
                 Then, we'll discuss briefly several quantum chemical
                 problems of interests today as the examples of the
                 possibilities offered by the PCG. Finaly, various PCG
                 performance-related topics will be considered as well.