Subject: Porting GAMESS to Win32 platform- how to?

From: gshamov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 12:58:14 +0400

Hello CCLers,

      Does anyone have experience in porting GAMESS-US to Windows?
      Unfortunately, M.W.Schmidt won'nt to port this cool wonderful up-and-coming
GAMESS to Windows for some (sentimental 'MS-Suxx'?) reasons.
      The problem is that new releases of this wonderful program are
parallel only. And Windows and UNIX IPCs are different. I have
compiled '*MPI'-version EXEcutable with Windows MPI library (WMPI). It works, but behaves a
little buggy, and i'm unhappy with it. Does anyone tryed to port '*DDI'
version of GAMESS, i.e. are there Windows-ported ddisock.c and
ddikick.c ? Or may be there is a way to wipe out 'parallelization'
from MWSchmidt's code and compile a single-process 'GAMESS-Lite' ?

Any suggestions will be gratefully acknowleged .

Best regards,
Grigori A. Shamov
Dept. Org Chemistry of
Kazan State University                          mailto:[email-masked]

---

From: Serge Pissarev <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 13:45:40 +0400 (MSD)

Dear Grigori!

Look PC-GAMESS at:
http://classic.chem.msu.su/
You may download the EXEcutables you may be happy with :)) So am I

And contact the author, Alex Granovsky: 
[email-masked]

Serge A. Pissarev 
QSAR and Computational Chemistry Group, Chair of Organic Chemistry
Chemistry Department of Moscow State University.
Email: [email-masked]
 WWW : http://org.chem.msu.su/~serge

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 17:21:14 +0400

Dear Grigory,

You can freely download the parallel PC GAMESS versions as well as  the
instructions required from the PC GAMESS download www pages:
http://classic.chem.msu.su/gran/gamess/download.html
http://quantum-2.chem.msu.ru/gran/gamess/download.html

Best regards,
Alex A. Granovsky,
the PC GAMESS project,
MSU.