Subject: Fwd: ADME Tox symposium - call for papers

From: "Osman F. Guner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 10:38:45 -0800

We need one more paper to complete the open sessions (preferably in
experimental, assays, etc.).  The deadline has passed.  Please submit your
abstract on the ACS abstract form directly to me no later then November 11th. 

EXPERIMENTAL, COMPUTATIONAL, AND INFORMATICS CHALLENGES OF ADME/TOX IN EARLY
STAGE DRUG DISCOVERY

To be held at the 219th National American Chemical Society Meeting in San
Francisco California, March 26-31, 2000

Sponsored by Division of Chemical Information (CINF)
Co-sponsored by Divisions of Medicinal Chemistry (MEDI), Toxicology  (TOXI),
and Computers in Chemistry (COMP)

Open symposia will be followed by a plenary session that will feature the
following lectures:

"Changes in the Profiles of Drug Properties: An Experimental, Computational,
and Informatics Perspective"
Christopher A. Lipinski, Ph.D. Senior Research Fellow, Pfizer Central Research

"Bioavailability Considerations in Drug Design"
John J. Baldwin, Ph.D. Chief Science and Technology Officer, Pharmacopeia 

"e-DDI: The Virtual Discovery-Development Interface"
Dale E. Johnson, Pharm.D., Ph.D. Vice President Preclinical Development, Chiron

"Changing the Paradigm to Reduce Compound Attrition: A Toxicology Perspective"
Stephen K. Durham, Ph.D. Distinguished Research Fellow, Bristol Myers Squibb

"Role of Informatics and Computational Tools in Optimizing ADME/Tox Properties"
Mark A. Murcko, Ph.D. Vice President and Senior Research Fellow, Vertex

This is an invitation for you to present your views and research results  in
the above topics. Papers will be organized with respect to experimental,
computational, informatics aspects as well as others. If you have an opinion
on this topic, or research results, or if you know of success stories or
failures in this area, you may want to consider presenting your views in this
symposium.

The deadline for submission of abstracts has already passed.  E-mail me an
electronic copy of your abstract by filling out the word template that can be
downloaded at http://www.acs.org/meetings/abstract/absdown.html.

Cheers...Osman

---
Osman F. G=FCner, Ph.D.
Sr.Product Manager,    Rational & Combinatorial Drug Design
Molecular Simulations Inc.                              (858)799-5341
[email-masked]                                  http://www.msi.com

---
Osman F. G=FCner, Ph.D.
Sr.Product Manager,    Rational & Combinatorial Drug Design
Molecular Simulations Inc.                              (858)799-5341
[email-masked]                                  http://www.msi.com