Subject: animation of MD trajectories

From: "Artem R. Oganov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 1999 13:55:36 -0000

Dear CCL'ers,

 I am looking for a program to animate MD trajectories, with polyhedral
 representation of crystal structures. I shall be grateful for any
 suggections, and summarise them. Also, does anyone know what is the
Web-site
 of Babel? Cheers,
 Artem.

 **********************************************************************
 Artem R. Oganov,
 Doctorate Student in Crystallography and Mineral Physics,
 Dept. of Geological Sciences,
 University College London,
 Gower Street,
 London WC1E 6BT,
 U.K.
 E-mail : [email-masked]
 Tel. : +44 (0)171-419-3449        Fax : +44 (0)171-387-1612
 **********************************************************************

---

From: "Robert B. Best" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 1999 08:23:52 -0800

A good program for displaying trajectories and doing analysis is gopenmol,
available from http://laaksonen.csc.fi/gopenmol. Although the emphasis 
is on analysis of amorphous systems, there is a facility for drawing cubic
cells, and you can draw any kind of cell using the built-in tcl scripting.
Of course there are crystallographic programs which make the cell drawing
easier, but I don't know of any that have the ability to display 
trajectories as well.

-robert

On Sat, 6 Nov 1999, Artem R. Oganov wrote:

> -= This is automatically added to each message by mailing script =-
> [email-masked] -- To Everybody    |   [email-masked] -- To Admins
> [email-masked] -- HELP CHEMISTRY or HELP SEARCH
> [email-masked] -- archive search    |    Gopher: gopher.ccl.net 70
> Ftp: ftp.ccl.net  |  WWW: http://www.ccl.net/chemistry/   | Jan: [email-masked]
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
>