Subject: ANNOUNCE: NAMD 2.1 Release

From: Jim Phillips <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 14:41:31 -0600 (CST)

+--------------------------------------------------------------------+
|                                                                    |
|                   NAMD 2.1 Release Announcement                    |
|                                                                    |
+--------------------------------------------------------------------+

                                                   November 11, 1999

The Theoretical Biophysics Group at the University of Illinois is
proud to announce the public release of a new version of NAMD, a
parallel, object-oriented molecular dynamics code designed for
high-performance simulation of large biomolecular systems.  NAMD is
distributed free of charge and includes source code.  NAMD development
is supported by the NIH National Center for Research Resources.

NAMD 2.1 is more stable than NAMD 2.0 and adds several new features:

- Tcl scripting language interface and config file parsing.

- Mollified impulse multiple timestepping method.

- Faster particle mesh Ewald implementation.

- Periodic boundaries for non-orthogonal cells.

- New interactive molecular dynamics interface to VMD.

NAMD is available from http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/.

The Theoretical Biophysics group encourages NAMD users to be closely
involved in the development process through reporting bugs, contributing
fixes, periodical surveys and via other means.  Questions or comments
may be directed to [email-masked].

We are eager to hear from you, and thank you for using our software!