Subject: data backup

From: Deepak Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 10:33:24 -0500

Hi,

If memory serves me right, there were a bunch of posts here earlier on
mass data storage.  I would like someone with prior experience to
recommend a storage system for us here.  There are just two primary
users for our two octane systems (not a distributed setup) and the kind
of media discussed earlier seems excessive.  Between us ,though, we
generate a lot of data  which is EATING up hard drive space.  My exact
question is : For the kind of setup we have here what kind of system
would be relatively economical without compromising efficiency and
reliability.  I have considered tape drives, but some people have made
me nervous about them.

Regards

Deepak.

--
**********************************************************************
Deepak Singh                        Tel : (315)443 1739 (w)
Graduate Student                          (315)472 9659 (h)
Dept. of Chemistry                  Fax : (315)443 4070
Syracuse University               email : [email-masked]
1-014 CST, Syracuse                 URL : http://web.syr.edu/~desingh
NY 13244

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." --- Salvor Hardin
**********************************************************************