Subject: latex problem with eps files

From: angelo vargas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 20:47:30 +0100

Dear CCL members

I am having difficulties in inserting eps files created by programs
running under windows (such as Origin)
in my LaTex document. Has anybody had the same problem, and maybe solved
it? ( I am using graphicx)
This question is not chemical but writing the chemistry you are doing
takes a  lot of time and effort and  therefore I hope to meet the
understanding  of the purists....
I have already checked the FAQ.
angelo
--
_______________________________________________________________________
Angelo Vargas
Laboratory of Technical Chemistry
Department of Chemical Engineering and Industrial Chemistry
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETHZ)
ETH Zentrum, Universitätsstr. 6    Telefon:  0041/1/632 31 54
CH-8092 Zürich - Switzerland       Fax:      0041/1/632 11 63
E-mail:   [email-masked]
http://mercury.ethz.ch/members/vargas/vargas.html
________________________________________________________________________

---

From: Ruth Tanner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 16:55:20 -0500 (EST)

Origin creates eps files that have an extra bit of "crap" at the beginning
and end of the file.  This is due to Origin following Windows
specifications for eps rather than the proper ones :)  You need to clean
up the file by deleting any characters before the following line:

%!PS-Adobe-3.0 EPSF-3.0

and any characters after the line:

%%EOF

Just open the eps file in a text editor (vi, pico, edit, notepad, etc.)
and delete these lines and LaTeX should have no more problems.  This is a
quick fix but it works for me.  The characters that need to be deleted are
easily identified because they are usually odd math characters.

thanks,
Ruth

> I have already checked the FAQ.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ruth Tanner 						[email-masked] 
M.Sc. Candidate in Physical Chemistry		  	University of Guelph
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
   I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific.
=============================================================================