Subject: Unix vs. Linux

From: Benny Moritz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 12:55:44 -0700

Hello everyone,

	I was wondering if anyone would know why I am able to access Gaussian on a
digital unix box from outside via X-Windows, but am not able to access
Gaussian on a Linux box.  The IP addresses for both servers allow my IP
address from home, but I can only access the gaussian in Unix, not the one
that runs on Linux.  I'm using StarNet's X-Windows as my interface from
home.  Would that have anything to do with it?

Ben Moritz
Boise State University

"Whom the Gods destroy, they first make mad."

---

From: Krzysztof Radacki <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 23:23:39 +0100

>home.  Would that have anything to do with it?
Surely is something wrong with your configuration.
I'm useing from my PC with the same starnet X-server
gaussian on HP, SGI and of course Linux (single processor 
system, double processor).
By the way, you don't need X to access gaussian, it's not graphic application
so you can work with ssh, rlogin or telnet.

regards
  Krzys Radacki
___________________----------------------------------------------------
 ------------------   e-mail:       [email-masked]  ---
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------