Subject: Problem Linking GAMESS Object Files

From: "Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 04:43:23 -0500

Due to an abortive attempt to upgrade from the Mandrake v6.0 distribution 
of Linux to v6.1, and the subsequent reversion to 6.0, I lost the version 
of GAMESS with which I had been happily working.  Subsequently,  I received 
the 6 Jun 1999 distribution.  I'm using the distribution default 
installation of g77 on a K6-2/300 with 128MB of RAM.

Compiling went smoothly, without any error messages.  However, when I 
attempted to link the object files to generate the executable I got the 
following messages:

Sun Nov 21 11:09:09 EST 1999
GAMESS will be linked into the executable image gamess.06.x.chdir objectgcc 
-o ../gamess.06.x gamess.o unport.o blas.o zunix.o ddi.o ddisoc.o aldeci.o 
basecp.o basext.o bashuz.o bashz2.o basn21.o basn31.o bassto.o cphf.o 
cprohf.o delocl.o dftstb.o drc.o ecp.o ecpder.o ecphw.o ecplib.o ecpsbk.o 
efdrvr.o efgrda.o efgrdb.o efgrdc.o efgrd2.o efinp.o efinta.o efintb.o 
efelec.o efpaul.o eigen.o ffield.o frfmt.o guess.o gradex.o grd1.o grd2a.o 
grd2b.o grd2c.o gugdga.o gugdgb.o gugdm.o gugdm2.o gugdrt.o gugem.o 
gugsrt.o gvb.o hess.o hss1a.o hss1b.o hss2a.o hss2b.o inputa.o inputb.o 
inputc.o int1.o int2a.o int2b.o iolib.o lagran.o local.o loccd.o locpol.o 
mccas.o mcqdpt.o mcqud.o mcscf.o mctwo.o morokm.o mp2.o mp2ddi.o mp2grd.o 
mpcdat.o mpcgrd.o mpcint.o mpcmol.o mpcmsc.o mthlib.o nameio.o ordint.o 
parley.o pcm.o pcmcav.o pcmder.o pcmdis.o pcmpol.o pcmvch.o prpel.o 
prplib.o prppop.o rhfuhf.o rxncrd.o ryspol.o scflib.o scfmi.o scrf.o 
sobrt.o soffac.o sozeff.o statpt.o surf.o symorb.o symslc.o tdhf.o trans.o 
trfdm2.o trnstn.o trudge.o vibanl.o zheev.o zmatrx.o qmmm.o -lf2c -lmunport.o:
In function `abrt_':unport.o(.text+0xc8):
undefined reference to `G77_abort_0'unport.o: In function 
`flshbf_':unport.o(.text+0x1e1):
undefined reference to `G77_flush1_0'unport.o: In function 
`tmdate_':unport.o(.text+0xa22): undefined reference to 
`G77_fdate_0'iolib.o: In function `openda_':iolib.o(.text+0x45c):
undefined reference to `G77_getenv_0'iolib.o: In function 
`mqopda_':iolib.o(.text+0x962):
undefined reference to `G77_getenv_0'iolib.o: In function 
`raopen_':iolib.o(.text+0x208b):
undefined reference to `G77_getenv_0'iolib.o: In function 
`seqopn_':iolib.o(.text+0x263e):
undefined reference to `G77_getenv_0'collect2:
ld returned 1 exit statusunset
echo1.340u 0.960s 0:02.51 91.6% 0+0k 0+0io 4484pf+0w

I suspect that I failed to install a critical application when I 
reinstalled Mandrake v6.0, but I don't have a clue as to what it may be.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance which may be forthcoming to 
resolve thiw problem.

Thanks in advance.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.			Life is a fuzzy set
Foundation for Chemistry			Stochastic and multivariant
614.486.4076