Subject: On He2(+)

From: Victor Lua~na <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 19:56:41 +0100 (MET)

Some one asked today about the experimental detection of He2 ions.
The reference

    L Coman et al, Phys. Rev. Lett. 83 (1999) 2715--2717

provides binding energy and rotational constants for He_2(+). Some more
data appears on the NIST's webbook:

    http://webbook.nist.gov/

As for He_2(+2), the webbook cites only the results of theoretical
calculations.

               Best regards,
                               Victor Lua~na

--
 HomePage  %%http://www3.uniovi.es/~quimica.fisica/qcg/vlc/luana.html%%
 Free software %%http://www3.uniovi.es/~quimica.fisica/qcg/%%
+----------------------------------------------+  +---^---/    /
!               Victor Lua~na                  !  |   ~       / Just in case
! Departamento de Quimica Fisica y Analitica   !  |           | you don't
! Universidad de Oviedo, 33006-Oviedo, Spain   ! <            / remember
! e-mail: [email-masked]%% !  |          /  where Oviedo
! phone: +34-985-103491  fax: +34-985-103125   !  |____  ___/   is  ;-)
+----------------------------------------------+       \/