Subject: MOPAC97 under AIX or Linux ?

From: [email-masked] (Matthias Mann)
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 13:00:12 +0100

Dear all,

has anyone successfull installed the MOPAC97 source (distributed with
the WinMOPAC software) under IBM AIX and/or under Linux ?
The Makefile is pepared for use with DEC, SPARC and SGI only;
compilation under AIX and LINUX works, but results in binaries
which will crash for larger molecules. The message is:
    INSUFFICIENT MEMORY.  MEMORY NEEDED: 2067088  BYTES
The reason seems to be the "getmem" routine, which doesn't return   
correct values.
Any suggestions ?

Thanks,
Matthias

--

Dr. Matthias Mann 
Fachrichtung Chemie der TU Dresden
D-01069 Dresden, Mommsenstr. 13
Tel.: +49 (351) 463-4286 / Fax: -7030
Email: [email-masked]