Subject: US Funding opportunities alert service

From: Jan Labanowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 16:18:31 -0500 (EST)

I am in no way associated with this service, but found it useful
(provided that you do a good job selecting the right keywords).

Since the stereotype of the scientist undergoes dramatic changes in the last
few decades, and modern scientists are evaluated more by their ability
to secure funds for research rather than by their oldfashioned pursuits
in quest of truth, this service can be very helpful (for those who
feel offended, I say: "Yes, I know, if you are really good you will get
money", and for those who agree, I'd say, take a few marketing courses,
and maybe some advanced technical writing too...).  It sends notices
about US funding opportunities according to the keyword criteria entered
on the Web site.  Since it is free, you do not risk much, and if you
want to stop it, you just choose that you want to receive information
on research in basic science (just kidding...?).

Jan
[email-masked]

Jan K. Labanowski            |    phone: 614-292-9279,  FAX: 614-292-7168
Ohio Supercomputer Center    |    Internet: [email-masked] 
1224 Kinnear Rd,             |    http://www.ccl.net/chemistry.html
Columbus, OH 43212-1163      |    http://www.ccl.net/

=======================================================================
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 15:21:49 -0500
Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Referrals Must Register By Wednesday
From: "ScienceWise Alert" <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: "ScienceWise Alert" <[email-masked]>

Dear Jan K Labanowski,

As you know, ScienceWise Alert is currently in an "Open Period" 
and any colleague that you refer to the service will receive 
it free through May 2000. However, they must sign up no later 
than this Wednesday (Dec. 8th). So, if you haven't already 
done so, please take just a moment to forward the link below 
to your colleagues:

       http://www.usalert.com/freeservice4.asp

Remember, we are NOT automatically charging at the end 
of this period, so the service truly is free during 
this time. After May 2000, subscribers wishing to continue
the service will have to let us know by email.

Thank you for your help and have a wonderful holiday season,

Adam Waugh
ScienceWise Alert
http://www.sciencewise.com

P.S.  Please let us know anytime your email address changes.

AW/bk:5206
===================================================================