Subject: Free software for model problems!

From: Pradipta Bandyopadhyay <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 13:50:51 -0600 (CST)

Hi everyone,
    I am looking for a program which can solve the Schrodinger equation using
 basis set approach for simple potentials ( e.g. particle in a box having
 different potential energy regions i.e. more complicated than particle in
 a box). Basically it will use the variation theorem to form the Hamiltonian
 matrix and diagonalize ( I will supply the necessary integrals to form the
 H matrix) it. Basically it would be a prototype of any quantum chemistry
 program with different Hamiltonians. But, I will be needing the iterative 
 procedure to solve my problem ( for the same reason as in the Hartree-Fock
 method). It is meant to be for educational purposes. Can anybody tell me 
 whether I can get a free program for that? Thanks.
                                                   Pradipta
  
-- 
               *****************************************
               *   Dr. Pradipta Bandyopadhyay          *
               *   AMES LAB                            *
               *   Department of Chemistry             *
               *   Iowa State Unievrsity               * 
               *   Ames, IA 50011                      *
               *   USA                                 *
               *   e-mail: [email-masked]  *
               *   Phone : 515-294-4604  (Lab)         *
               *         : 515-232-8067  (Residence)   *
               *   Fax   : 515-294-0105                *
               *   URL: http://www.msg.ameslab.gov/    *
               *        Group/pradipta/index.html      * 
               *****************************************

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  The superfluous, that very necessary thing ...
                   VOLTAIRE
  The secret of being a bore is to say everything.
                   VOLTAIRE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------