Subject: Re: CCL:column editor

From: Andrea Bernini <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 13:29:25 +0100

Ricardo Grau Crespo wrote:
> 
> Hi CCL,
>  Could you please tell if there is any editor for Linux that allows
> working (inserting, deleting, moving, etc) with data columns. And, if
> yes, where can I find it?
>  Excuse me if this is not strictly a computational chemistry question,
> but I need to know that for working with input and output files of my
> calculations.
>  Thank you very much in advance,
> Ricardo.
> 
In standard Linux distribution you can find joe. It is a console editor
such as vi but more user-friendly, and it has rectangular block
selection features, search man pages for "rectangular" and "define
block".

Andrea.

____________________________________________

Dr. Andrea Bernini, Ph.D. 
Molecular Biology Dept.
University of Siena
Via Fiorentina 1, 53100 Siena, Italy
Phone +39 577 234911
Fax   +39 577 234903

---

From: Jochen K�pper <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 15:42:08 +0100

>yes, where can I find it?

XEmacs, of course (or plain emacs as well) :-)

It's called rectangles in their nomenclature. Try hitting <ESC> and
select some stuff using your mouse - to give you an easy beginning.

-- Jochen
        Heinrich-Heine-Universität, Institut für Physikalische Chemie I
        Universitätsstr. 1, Geb. 26.43.02.29, 40225 Düsseldorf, Germany
phone 02118113681 fax 02118115195  --  www-public.rz.uni-duesseldorf.de/~jochen
[email-masked] -- [email-masked] -- [email-masked]