Subject: 1st flyer announcement

From: ICCT 2000 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 10:48:51 -0400 (AST)

Conference Announcement

16th IUPAC CONFERENCE ON CHEMICAL THERMODYNAMICS

                       ICCT-2000

concurrent with the 55th Calorimetry Conference and
the 10th Symposium on Thermodynamics of Nuclear Materials

                 August 6-11, 2000

            Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

          Abstract Deadline: April 14, 2000

               http://is.dal.ca/~icct

________________________________________________________________

This is a major international conference covering all areas of
thermodynamics, including:

      -  connections between theory and experiment
      -  thermodynamics of materials
      -  nuclear materials
      -  biological thermodynamics
      -  thermodynamic standards
      -  fluids and fluid mixtures
      -  new approaches to thermodynamics education
      -  all other areas of experimental and theoretical
            thermodynamics.

ICCT-2000  will be held at Dalhousie University, in Halifax, Nova
Scotia, Canada. This is a beautiful location, right on the Atlantic
Ocean at the east coast of Canada. The Lobster Banquet is expected to
be a popular event. There will be an accompanying persons' program.
Accommodation will be available at hotels and in university
dormitories.  The conference will start with registration and a
mixer late on Sunday, and will adjourn on Friday afternoon.  Wednesday
afternoon will be set aside for local scenic tours, included in the
conference fee.

The conference will include plenary lectures, parallel sessions on
specific themes, posters, and an exhibit of thermodynamic equipment,
publications and services.  Between 400 and 600 participants are
expected.  Details concerning plenary lectures and invited speakers
will be announced in the next email bulletin.

All correspondence concerning ICCT-2000 will be carried out by email;
there will be no mailed flyers for this conference.  Although we have
compiled an extensive email database, it is possible that we have
missed potential participants, so we will appreciate it if you could
forward this message to your colleagues.

Further details concerning ICCT-2000 are given at the website,
		   http://IS.DAL.CA/~ICCT    
Email bulletins will be sent out when substantial updates are made to 
the website, or when deadlines are approaching.

We look forward to seeing you here next year.

      Professor Mary Anne White
      ICCT-2000, Conference Chair
      Department of Chemistry
      Dalhousie University
      Halifax, Nova Scotia   B3H 4J3   Canada
      Tel: 902-494-3894
      Fax: 902-494-3894
      Email: [email-masked]

___________________________________________________________________

Confirmed Sponsors:

    - Abbott Laboratories
    - Atomic Energy Canada Ltd.
    - Brigham Young University, Department of Chemistry and
         Biochemistry
    - Calorimetry Sciences Corporation
    - Canadian Society for Chemistry
    - Dalhousie University
    - Diagnostic Chemicals
    - The Dow Chemical Company
    - IUPAC
    - Journal of Chemical Thermodynamics
    - 3M Canada
    - Materials Chemistry Division of the Canadian Society for
         Chemistry
    - National Institute of Standards and Technology
    - National Research Council of Canada
    - PerkinElmer Inc.
    - Pharmacia & Upjohn
    - Physical and Theoretical Division of the Canadian Society for
         Chemistry
    - Sepracor
    - Thermometric AB

___________________________________________________________________

A Note from IUPAC:  IUPAC sponsorship implies that entry visas will
be granted to all bona fide chemists provided application is made not
less than three months in advance.  If a visa is not granted one
month before the meeting, the IUPAC Secretariat should be notified
without delay by the applicant.
___________________________________________________________________

To remove your address from this mailing list, reply to this message
with the word "Remove" and your email address in the subject line.
We have attempted to remove all duplicate addresses, so we apologize
anyone who receives more than one copy of this announcement.
___________________________________________________________________

Secretariat  ICCT 2000