Subject: speed up G98 job

From: Deepak Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 23:18:04 -0500

Hi folks,

I am running 2-3 DFT jobs on systems ranging from 25-35 heavy atoms
using a route section like this
#T B3LYP/6-31G** Opt Test Pop=Reg.

I have MAXDISK set to 15GB on my SGI Octane (1.8GB RAM).  I think that
my jobs are taking longer than they should .. And they are not using up
the memory as efficiently as I'd like.

I guess what I am looking for is the kind of insight missing in the G98
manual.

Thanks

Deepak

--
**********************************************************************
Deepak Singh                        Tel : (315)443 1739 (w)
Graduate Student                          (315)472 9659 (h)
Dept. of Chemistry                  Fax : (315)443 4070
Syracuse University               email : [email-masked]
1-014 CST, Syracuse                 URL : http://web.syr.edu/~desingh
NY 13244

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." --- Salvor Hardin
**********************************************************************