Subject: re: QSAR review

From: "Boyd" <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Jan 2000 09:14:00 -0500

Hi Roberta,

>I would like a list of some good reviews on QSAR. This would include
>review articles and some relevant books.
>Roberta Susnow
>Physiome Sciences

You will find the following chapters from Reviews in Computational 
Chemistry helpful:

E. L. Plummer, in Reviews in Computational Chemistry, K. B. Lipkowitz 
and D. B. Boyd, Eds., VCH Publishers, New York, 1990, Vol. 1, pp. 119-168.

L. H. Hall and L. B. Kier, RCC, 1991, Vol. 2, pp. 367-422.

I. B. Bersuker and A. S. Dimoglo, RCC, 1991, Vol. 2, pp. 423-460.

L. M. Balbes, S. W. Mascarella, and D. B. Boyd, RCC, 1994, Vol. 5, pp.
337-379.

G. A. Arteca, RCC, 1996, Vol. 9, pp. 191-253.

E. J. Martin, D. C. Spellmeyer, R. E. Critchlow Jr., and J. M. Blaney, 
RCC, 1997, Vol. 10, pp. 75-100.

T. I. Oprea and C. L. Waller, RCC, Wiley, 1997, Vol. 11, pp. 127-182.

P.-A. Carrupt, B. Testa, and P. Gaillard, RCC, Wiley, 1997, Vol. 11, pp.
241-315.

Good luck, Don

Donald B. Boyd, Ph.D.
Editor, Reviews in Computational Chemistry
	http://chem.iupui.edu/rcc/rcc.html
Editor, Journal of Molecular Graphics and Modelling
	(publication of the ACS COMP division and MGMS)
	http://chem.iupui.edu/~boyd/jmgm.html
Department of Chemistry
Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis
402 North Blackford Street
Indianapolis, Indiana 46202-3274, U.S.A.
Telephone 317-274-6891, FAX 317-274-4701
E-mail [email-masked]

---

From: Richard Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 12:25:43 +36000

As well as any papers by the research group I'm in, Hopfinger et al.

Richard

On 28 Jan 2000, Boyd wrote:

> -= This is automatically added to each message by mailing script =-
> [email-masked] -- To Everybody    |   [email-masked] -- To Admins
> [email-masked] -- HELP CHEMISTRY or HELP SEARCH
> [email-masked] -- archive search    |    Gopher: gopher.ccl.net 70
> Ftp: ftp.ccl.net  |  WWW: http://www.ccl.net/chemistry/   | Jan: [email-masked]
> 
> 
> 
> 
>

---

From: Demetrio Antonio da Silva Filho <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 13:43:48 -0200

Dear CCLers,

I will write a small chapter  in my PhD thesis about the methods used to 
calculate excited state properties and geometries. I would like a list of 
articles and books where I can find some description of those methods.
I will summarize. 
Thanks in advance,
Demétrio Filho

_____________________________________

                Demetrio A. da Silva Filho
                   UNICAMP - IFGW
                    Prédio D - Sala 17
            CEP 13083-970 C.Postal 6165
                   Campinas - SP - Brasil
_____________________________________   
"Se não houver frutos, valeu a beleza das flores. Se não houver flores,
valeu a sombra das folhas. Se não houver folhas, valeu a intenção da
semente." Henfil