Subject: 00.12.17 CFP - Chemistry computing systems, Grid Computing

From: Rajkumar Buyya <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 21:20:35 +1100 (EST)

Dear Colleague:

I apologise if you have received this CFP multiple times.

We have organised Grid Computing Workshop (Grid'2000) along
with HiPC'2000 conference. The call for paper is enclosed
with this for your kind consideration -- we hope you
will consider Grid'2000 for presenting your research work.

Please note that we are also encouraging the presentation
of work-in-progress type research note. All accepted papers
will be published through Springer Verlag LNCS-series (as a
"Grid Computing" proceedings).

Any help in publishing the enclosed CFP will be appreciated.
Please forward the CFP your colleagues working in this area.

Best wishes,
Sincerely,
Raj
----------------------- GRID'2000 CFP ------------------------------------
            GRID'2000: International Workshop on Grid Computing

                        http://www.buyya.org/Grid2000/

                            In Conjunction with

   7th International Conference on High Performance Computing (HiPC'2000)

                  December 17-20, 2000, Bangalore, India

         Co-sponsored by the IEEE Computer Society and ACM SIGARCH

         In Co-operation/Support:
                  IEEE Task Force on Cluster Computing   
                  EuroTools SIG on Metacomputing
                  Genias Software/Gridware
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Call for Papers
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The growing popularity of the Internet along with the availability of
powerful computers and high-speed networks as low-cost commodity components
is changing the way we do computing. This technology opportunity enables
the clustering of a wide variety of geographically distributed resources
such as supercomputers, storage systems, data sources, and special classes
of devices, and allows them to be used as a single unified resource and
thus forms what is popularly known as "computational grids".  The
computational grid is analogous to power (electricity) grid and aims to
couple geographically distributed resources and offer consistent and
inexpensive access to resources irrespective of their physical location or
access point. Some of the research projects that have popularised the
concept of grid computing include: Globus, Legion, Nimrod/G, DISCWorld,
AppLeS, and others.

GRID'2000 is an international meeting that brings together international
grid computing researchers, developers, practitioners, and users. The aim
of GRID'2000 is to serve as a forum to present current and future work as
well as to exchange research ideas in this field.

Scope

GRID'2000 will emphasize both the design, analysis, implementation, and
deployment of grid computing environments and applications as well as their
use in scientific, engineering, and commercial settings.  The topics of
interest include, but are not limited to:

        * Grid Fabrics and Architectures
        * Grid Middleware and Toolkits
        * Resource Management and Scheduling
        * Grid Information Services
        * Grid Security Issues
        * Advance Resource Reservation and Scheduling
        * Remote Data Access and Management
        * Grid Management and Organization Tools
        * Issues in integrating Clusters into Grid environment
        * Programming Models, Tools, and Environments
        * Performance Evaluation and Modelling of Gird Systems
        * Internet-based Computing Models
        * Collaborative Engineering Environments
        * Grid Applications (scientific, engineering, and business)
        * Information Power Grid
        * Computational Economy
        * Social, Scientific, and Industrial Implications of
          Computational Grids

Paper Submission

GRID'2000 invites authors to submit their original and unpublished work
that demonstrate current research in all areas of Grid Computing including
design and analysis of computational grids or metacomputers and their
applications in science, technology, and commercial areas.

The paper should not exceed 12 single-spaced pages of text using 10 point
size type on A4 pages. Electronic submission by email is strongly
encouraged. Authors should submit a PostScript (level 2) or PDF file that
will print on a PostScript printer using A4 size paper. To facilitate
processing, each submission should also enclose the following information
in ASCII format: paper title, author name, abstract, up to five keywords,
as well as the contacting information of the responsible author (postal
address, e-mail address, phone/fax numbers). The results presented in the
paper must be original. Submission implies the willingness of at least one
of the authors to register and present the paper. Hard copies should be
sent only if electronic submission is not possible. Please send full paper
for consideration to any one of the Workshop Co-Chairs. The hard copy
submissions can be mailed, however, electronic submission is strongly
encouraged.

GRID'2000  also encourages the submission of outstanding "work-in-progress"
type research note, however, the size of such papers is restricted to 5
pages.

Proceedings

All papers selected for this workshop by peer-review process will be
published as a separate proceeding (titled as "Grid Computing") through
Springer Verlag (LNCS series), Germany.

Workshop Co-Chairs

Rajkumar Buyya
School of Computing Science and Software Engineering
Monash University
Clayton Campus, Melbourne
Australia
Phone: +61-3-9905 1502
Fax: +61-3-9905 3574
Email: [email-masked]
WWW: http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~rajkumar

Mark Baker
School of Computer Science
University of Portsmouth,
c/o Milton Campus,
Southsea, Hants, UK
Tel: +44 1705 844285
Fax: +44 1705 844006
E-mail: [email-masked]
WWW: http://www.dcs.port.ac.uk/~mab/

Program Committee

   * Ishfaq Ahmad, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
   * David Bader, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque.
   * Mark Baker, University of Portsmouth, England.
   * Francine Berman, University of California, San Diego.
   * Rajkumar Buyya, Monash University, Australia.
   * Steve Chapin , Syracuse University, New York.
   * Jack Dongarra , University of Tennessee/ORNL, Knoxville.
   * Wolfgang Gentzsch, GRIDware, Germany.
   * Sergi Girona, Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya, Spain.
   * Ken Hawick, Adelaide University, Australia.
   * Hai Jin, University of Southern California, Los Angeles.
   * Vipin Kumar, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis.
   * Domenico Laforenza, CNUCE-Institute of the Italian National Research
     Council, Italy.
   * Gregor von Laszewski, Argonne National Laboratory, Chicago.
   * Craig Lee, The Aerospace Corporation, Los Angeles.
   * Miron Livny, University of Wisconsin, Madison.
   * Lalit  Patnaik, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
   * Muthucumaru Maheswaran, University of Manitoba, Canada.
   * Mohan Ram, Centre for Development of Advanced Computing, Bangalore.
   * Alexander Reinefeld, Konrad-Zuse-Zentrum für Informationstechnik
     Berlin, Germany.
   * Michael Resch, High Performance Computing Center Stuttgart, Germany.
   * Mitsuhisa Sato, Real World Computing Partnership, Japan.
   * Peter Sloot, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands.

Important Dates

    - April 28, 2000    : Final Date for Submissions
    - June 30, 2000     : Acceptances Notified
    - August 15, 2000   : Camera-Ready Paper Due
    - Dec. 17-20, 2000  : Conference
---------------------------------------------------------------------------