Subject: CCL: Nuclear Attraction Integrals

From: "Richard P. Muller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 21:10:20 -0500

Can someone point me to references on the computation of nuclear
attraction integrals using Gaussian Basis Functions.

Thanks in advance,

Rick
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 100 09:42:45 +0100 (MET)

A nuclear attraction integral is just a special case of a two-electron
integral:

<i | 1/(r-c) | j> = (ij | kk)

where k is a normalized s-Funktion centered at c with "infinitly high"
exponent. Some simplifications arise naturally, so if you have a text
on two-electron integrals, it also covers nuclear attr. integrals.

---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
Christoph van Wullen       | Fon (University):  +49 234 32 26485
Theoretical Chemistry      | Fax (University):  +49 234 32 14109
Ruhr-Universitaet          | Fon/Fax (private): +49 234 33 22 75 
D-44780 Bochum, Germany    | eMail: [email-masked]
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------