Subject: RE: Advice on computer

From: "Schilling, Richard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 13:38:19 -0800

$30,000 - $40,000 is very reasonable.

I've recently priced out a Sun Microsystems workgroup server for my employeer
at about $20,000 which should do the trick for starters.  Then, you'd have to
add any networking, workstations, etc. . .  Workstations could be standard
PC's or X terminals at about $1,000 a piece.

Used Digital Alphas can be bought within your budget as well.

Hope that helps.

Richard Schilling
Providence Everett Medical Center

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2000 2:31 PM
To: Computational Chemistry List
Subject: CCL:Advice on computer

(((this is a bounce from the CCL list. please reply to below address)))

From: Angelica Garcia-Zacarias <[email-masked]>

Dear CCL's

We are looking for a crunching number computer(s),
and we wonder which would be the best deal for
a budget between 30 to 40K

Any advice will be appreciated

Thanks in advance
Angelica

--
____________________________________________________________
 Angelica G. Zacarias
 Chemistry and Biochemistry     E-mail:  [email-masked]
 University of South Carolina   Phone:   (803) 777 0720
 Columbia, SC 29208             Fax:       (803) 777 9521
____________________________________________________________
 Happiness is a conscious choice, not an automatic response.
                                         -- Mildred Barthel
____________________________________________________________