Subject: RE:Anybody agrees with me

From: Suzanne Sirois <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 18:11:27 -0500 (EST)

Although Arthur comments on Macromodel were personal, I do agree with
the needs of standards.

1) Genomics and proteomics are fields that are developing at a very rapid
   speed. Soon we won`t not only use babel to convert file formats but
   we will also be in a Babel`s tower.

In my opinion there is two life sciences area of applications that 
currently need standards:
1) GUI
2) Methods

This sounds to me like classes in OOP.

1) Hence we can focus on developing standard classes for GUI that will inherit all 
the properties needed for a  particular application. This will leave room 
to every developer to adapt its GUI to its own program.

2) About methods such as force fields, we can for example develop a class 
call force fields that will implements all the basic information that make 
up a FF. This will leave to the developers the opportunity to expand 
its method while inheriting basic components.
3) And so on.
4) Lets recall there is a language named CML that is currently 
under development for WEB application. How does it fit the needs for 
standards?

Best regards to all

Suzanne Sirois, Ph.D.
Computational Chemist
ChemInformaticien