Subject: CCL:Anybody agrees with me?

From: "Dr. Peter Burger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 22:51:33 +0100

I agree - just think about it - that is the reason why X11 was
invented.

I guess it will not change since too many programs are around
of which I find Spartan very intuitive & comfortable as well. But well
then for instance in the PC versions of it there is max 6-coordination
possible. which may leave me alone being an inorganic chemist who has
to deal with higher coordination numbers also.

Anyways, what _really_ annoys me is the number of different file formats
for cartesian and internal coordinates (46 or so in Babel) - why
did every programmer have to reinvent the wheel!! Babel albeit being
nice also has its drawbacks.

Regards,

Peter
---------------------------------------
Peter Burger
Anorg.-chem. Institut
University of Zuerich
[email-masked]