Subject: Re: CCL:Text file transfer between linux and dos

From: Richard W Harper <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 12:45:35 -0500

Try mounting the disk from which you are copying the file with the '-auto'
option. This enables conversion of the text files to Linux format (strips the
CR/LF's and replaces with linefeeds - \n). It only operates on text files, not
binary files.
Dick Harper
[email-masked]

Yubo Fan <[email-masked]> on 02/29/2000 02:05:57 AM

To:   [email-masked]
cc:

Subject:  CCL:Text file transfer between linux and dos

Hi,

I have installed Windows 98 and RedHat Linux 6.1 on my PC. Usually I
edit G98 input file on Windows 98. The problem is when I start Linux and
mount the DOS partitions, I cannot copy the input files correctly. "^M"
was added to the end of each lines. They cannot work by G98.

I need some help. Is there a way to copy the files by ascii way (not
binary way).

Thanks in advance

Y. Fan

--
=============================================================
Yubo Fan                         Email: [email-masked]
Organic Synthesis Lab
The Department of Chemistry
Fudan University                 Phone: 8621-65648139
No. 220 Handan Road              Fax:   8621-65641740
Shanghai, 200433
P. R. China
=============================================================

-= This is automatically added to each message by mailing script =-
[email-masked] -- To Everybody    |   [email-masked] -- To
Admins
[email-masked] -- HELP CHEMISTRY or HELP SEARCH
[email-masked] -- archive search    |    Gopher: gopher.ccl.net 70
Ftp: ftp.ccl.net  |  WWW: http://www.ccl.net/chemistry/   | Jan: [email-masked]