Subject: Fwd: Call for papers - VIRTUAL HIGH-THROUGHPUT SCREENING

From: "Osman F. Guner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 13:25:51 -0800

VIRTUAL HIGH-THROUGHPUT SCREENING

 To be held at the 220th National American Chemical Society Meeting in
 Washington, D.C., August 20-24, 2000.

 Sponsored by the Division of Chemical Information (CINF)
 Co-sponsored by the Medicinal Chemistry (MEDI) and Computational Chemistry
 (COMP) Divisions

 Ability to screen virtual libraries and large databases of compounds is at an
 increasing demand in today's pharmaceutical and biotech industry providing
 new, and sometimes audacious, challenges to the existing informatics
 environments.  Many parameters can be used for such computational screening,
 including property-based screening (like ADME properties), structure-,
 similarity-, and/or pharmacophore-based screening (database searching), as
 well as rapid docking. In this symposium we will cover all aspects of in
 silico high-throughput screening technologies.

 If you have an opinion on this topic, or if you know success stories or
 failures in this area that you can share with your colleagues, you may ant
 to consider giving a presentation in this symposium. Please use the On-line
 Abstract System (OASys) to submit your abstracts (once it is activated for
 the 220th meeting). The deadline for submitting abstracts is April 15, 2000.

 Although the use of OASys is strongly encouraged for your abstract
 submission, should you have difficulties with the OASys, feel free to E-mail
 an electronic copy of your abstract to me by filling out the word template
 that you can download at http://www.acs.org/meetings/abstract/absdown.html .

 Cheers...Osman

 ---
 Osman F. Guener, Ph.D.
 Director,  Lead Identification & Optimization
 Molecular Simulations Inc.   (858) 799-5341
 [email-masked]        http://www.msi.com