Subject: units: hd

From: Susanna P Alho <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 13:19:00 +0200 (EET)

Hi,

Last week I asked a question about constraining torsions when docking a
flixible ligand to protein using AutoDock 3.0. I haven't got any replies
yet. (Unfortunately). 

Now I have another question about a unit symbol hd. I don't know what unit
it is. I came across with it when I was trying to define an energy barrier
in AutoDock using command 'barrier 10 000'  and the output file told me
that the energybarrier was set to 10000hd. What is this energy unit hd? I
was looking for an explanation in the internet and I found out that it
means hogshead, which is a volume unit. I don't think that's the case
here. 

In addition to this issue, any kind of information about constraining
torsion using AutoDock would probably  help me in my research project (for
pro graduation work).

Thank you.  

Susanna Alho, Pharmacy student
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
University of Helsinki, Finland
e-mail: [email-masked]