Subject: deadline nears for 1000 dollar COMP award

From: "Boyd" <[email-masked]>
Date: 16 Mar 2000 16:24:45 -0500

Hi,

Please excuse the cross posting.

The American Chemical Society's Computers in Chemistry Division (COMP)
is organizing a Symposium on Emerging Technologies which will be held
at the Washington, DC, national meeting, August 20-24, 2000.  An award
of $1000 will be given to the best oral paper presented at the Symposium.

The competition is open to everyone who has computational research to
present.  Computational chemistry, molecular modeling, combinatorial
library design, molecular design, and simulation are among the topics
that are encouraged.

In order to participate, e-mail a 1000-word abstract to me no later than
April 7, 2000.

All papers will be evaluated based on the impact the research will have
on the future of computational chemistry and allied sciences.  The papers
can be in any area of computational chemistry, molecular modeling, or
compound/library design (what some people might call cheminformatics).

The abstract must be in text-only or MS Word.  These long abstracts will
be reviewed by a panel of experts.  The best contributions will be
selected for oral presentations at the meeting in Washington.  The
remaining contributions will be presented at an evening poster session.

It is essential that participants ALSO submit a short regular ACS
abstract to the web-based system at http://www.acs.org/meetings/
by April 12.

At the Washington ACS meeting, the oral presentations will be judged by
the panel of experts, and the one winner of the $1000 prize will be
selected and awarded following the talks.

Sincerely,

Donald B. Boyd, Ph.D.
Editor, Journal of Molecular Graphics and Modelling
        (publication of the ACS COMP division and MGMS)
        http://chem.iupui.edu/~boyd/jmgm.html
Editor, Reviews in Computational Chemistry
        http://chem.iupui.edu/rcc/rcc.html
Department of Chemistry
Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis
402 North Blackford Street
Indianapolis, Indiana 46202-3274, U.S.A.
Telephone 317-274-6891, FAX 317-274-4701
E-mail [email-masked]