Subject: chkmove (g98) on dec alpha

From: Christian Rummey <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 11:16:59 +0100

Hi,

recently we installed a dec alpha (xp1000) for g98 calculations. I
installed the mathematical libraries and everything seems to run fine.
However if one tries to start chkmove you get the following error:

$ ./chkmove
7122:./chkmove: /sbin/loader: Fatal Error: cannot map util.so
$ 

Anny suggestions about missing packages or something else ?

thanks,
c.

-- 
Christian Rummey, Dipl. Chem.
Institut fuer Organische Chemie, Universitaet Wuerzburg
mailto:[email-masked]
registered linux user #92917

---

From: Sigismondo Boschi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 14:31:51 +0100 (GMT)

Hi,

Usually this error comes when a library is missing from the standard
dynamic loader path (/lib /usr/lib). 

Usually it works correctly setting "LD_LIBRARY_PATH" to the path of the
library ($g98root/g98).

And usually it is set by "source $g98root/g98/bsd/g98.login" (csh-like)  
shell) or ". $g98root/g98/bsd/g98.profile" (sh-like shell).

I say "usually" because I do not use it on Alpha workstations.

I hope this helps!

    Sigismondo Boschi

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------
|Sigismondo Boschi, Ph.D.                |tel: +39 051 6171559            |
|CINECA (High Performance Systems)       |fax: +39 051 6137273 - 6132198  |
|via Magnanelli, 6/3                     |e-mail: [email-masked]      |
|40033 Casalecchio di Reno (BO)-ITALY    |WWW: http://www.cineca.it       |
 -------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Fri, 17 Mar 2000, Christian Rummey wrote:

> -= This is automatically added to each message by mailing script =-
> [email-masked] -- To Everybody    |   [email-masked] -- To Admins
> [email-masked] -- HELP CHEMISTRY or HELP SEARCH
> [email-masked] -- archive search    |    Gopher: gopher.ccl.net 70
> Ftp: ftp.ccl.net  |  WWW: http://www.ccl.net/chemistry/   | Jan: [email-masked]
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
>