Subject: Pacifichem 2000 - Symposium on Mathematical and Computational Aspects of Drug Design

From: "Dr. Dave Winkler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 10:28:30 +1100

Please excuse cross posting.

CALL FOR PAPERS - MATHEMATICAL AND COMPUTATIONAL ASPECTS OF DRUG DESIGN

The 2000 International Chemical Congress of Pacific Basin Societies will
take place in Honolulu, Hawaii, from December 14 - 19, 2000.  The congress
is co-sponsored by the American Chemical Society , the Chemical Society of
Japan, the Canadian Society for Chemistry, the New Zealand Institute of
Chemistry and the Royal Australian Chemical Institute.  Chemical Societies
in the countries that border the Pacific Ocean will be Official
Participating Organizations.  Overall, 6,000 reports on current research and
development will be presented in 179 symposia and in oral and poster general
sessions in 10 topical areas.  At Pacifichem 95 there were around 12,000 participants.

You are invited to submit an abstract for a paper or poster to be considered
for presentation at symposium #140 "Mathematical and Computational Aspects of Molecular Design", co-organized  by Dr. Gerry Maggiora, Pharmacia Upjohn (USA), Dr. Glen Kellogg, Virginia Commonwealth University (USA), Prof. Yoshimasa Takahashi, Toyohashi University of Technology (Japan), Prof. Huang Hsing Hua, National University of Singapore, and Dr. David Winkler, CSIRO Division of Molecular Science (Australia).

The symposium will feature papers from:
  
Paul Mezey		Canada		Chemical topology		
Paul Labute		Canada		Bayesian methods
Anthony Nicholls	USA		Grasp/Delphi electrostatics	
Gordon Crippen		USA		TBA
Bob Pearlman		USA		Descriptors/diversity	
Gerry Maggiora		USA		Cell-based diversity	optional	
Rick Gussio		USA		Mining NCI database	
Frank Burden		Australia	SAR by Gaussian processes	
Dave Winkler		Australia	ARD and Bayesian nets in QSAR	
Shinsaku Fujita		Japan		Combinatorial Enumeration
Hiroshi Chuman		Japan		Voronoi Field Analysis.
Takashi Okada		Japan		Data Mining		
Dimitris Agrafiotis	USA		Drug/non drug molecules	
Glen Kellogg		USA		Empirical Free Energy Scoring of 
					Biological Interactions	
Yoshimasa Takahashi	Japan		Topological Fragment Spectrum	

Abstracts of approximately 150 words must be submitted to the Congress
Secretariat at ACS by April 3, 2000, for paper versions, or April 14
electronically.  The congress abstract form is available for electronic
retrieval and submission from the Pacifichem 2000 web site at

		http://www.acs.org/meetings/pacific2000
      
Paper forms can be obtained by contacting the Congress Secretariat at

			Pacifichem Congress Secretariat 
			American Chemical Society
			1155-16th S., N.W.
			Washington, DC 20036, USA
			e-mail: [email-masked]

To encourage attendance at the congress by young chemistry professionals
>from developing countries that border the Pacific Ocean, the sponsoring
societies of Pacifichem 2000 are making available up to 40 grants of $1,000
(U.S.) plus complimentary registration to assist with travel and attendance
costs.  Details about the scholarship are to be found on the congress web
site. 

If you have any questions please contact any of the organizers at the email
addresses shown below:

Dr. David A. Winkler		[email-masked]
Dr. Gerry M. Maggiora		[email-masked]
Prof. Yoshimasa Takahashi	[email-masked]
Dr. Glen Kellogg		[email-masked]
Prof. Huang Hsing Hua		[email-masked]

Cheers,

Dave

Dr. David A. Winkler                    Email: [email-masked]   
Senior Principal Research Scientist     Voice: 61-3-9545-2477      
CSIRO Molecular Science			Fax:   61-3-9545-2446
Private Bag 10,Clayton South MDC 3169   http://www.csiro.au
Australia 	        		http://www.molsci.csiro.au