Subject: hyperpolarizability tensor

From: "Dr. Daniel Glossman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 14:53:23 -0800

Dear netters:

In a G98 frequency calculation some components of the polarizability and 
hyperpolarizability tensors are printed in the output file.

 -- What do these components are?
 -- Is there any way to make Gaussian print all the components?

(I have already read the Freq part of the manual, but it is still not
clear to me).

Also, at the end of the calculations, exact and approximate
polarizability tensors are given in the output. How is (I mean,
by which method) is the approximate polarizability calculated?
Any reference will be wellcome.

Thanks in advance. Best regards

Dr. Daniel Glossman Mitnik

*************************************************************************=
Dr. Daniel Glossman Mitnik
Centro de Investigaci=F3n en Materiales Avanzados (CIMAV)
Departamento de Pol=EDmeros                                              =
         Phone: (52) 1 4391151
Miguel de Cervantes 120                                                  =
          FAX: (52) 1 4391112
Complejo Industrial Chihuahua                                            =
        E-mail: [email-masked]
Chihuahua, Chih. 31109                                                   =
                      [email-masked]
Mexico
*************************************************************************=