Subject: Re: CCL:Theor. Chem. Acc. New Century Issue

From: Victor Lua~na <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 04:40:14 +0200 (METDST)

> Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 13:26:49 -0600 (CST)
> From: Christopher Cramer <[email-masked]>
>
> Last month, Theoretical Chemistry Accounts (TCA) published its New Century
> Issue. Each member of the editorial board selected one or more papers from
> the 20th century and wrote a 2-4 page perspective on the influence that
> the work had on theoretical chemistry/computational chemistry/molecular
> modeling. One of the motivations for this issue was to provide a historical
> context that would be readily accessible to newcomers to the field.

This is an important attempt and the TCA issue could become highly valued
as an educational material. On the other hand, even though it is obvious
that a lot of subjectivity is involved in choosing a list of relevant
papers, it is a little perturbing to notice that workers such as Mulliken,
Bader, Boyd, Clementi, Huzinaga or Shavitt, to name a very few, have not
influenced the field in the opinion of the TCA board.

                       Best regards,
                                     Victor Lua~na
                                     [email-masked]