Subject: [BioPython] biocorba progress

From: Eugene Leitl <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 16:29:29 -0700 (PDT)

From: Ewan Birney <[email-masked]>
Sender: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: [BioPython] biocorba progress
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 20:59:26 +0100 (BST)

[excuse the cross post]

Just popping over from bioperl. Just to say that bioperl biocorba
server implementation is ticking along nicely. For the biojava and
biopython project I'd encourage you to look at developing clients to
these objects - this way you can bootstrap off the 'maturity' (aka -
cruft) of bioperl, giving you access to sequence flat files and 
sequence databases automatically without going nuts over the quirks
of sequence formats.

read:

http://www.uni-bielefeld.de/mailinglists/BCD/vsns-bcd-perl/0004/0027.html

I cc'd bioxml in so they didn't feel sidelined - xml and corba are pretty
orthogonal technologies, and both have their place. bioxml will play
naturally with biocorba once it gets into bioperl. In other words, writing
bioxml parsers in bioperl and then letting this functionality be exported
via biocorba will give a way of getting XML parsing to all 3 projects
at the same time. This will happen without anyone in bioxml needing to
understand the biocorba stuff... (whey hey!)

Thanks for listening to this transmission...

ewan

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Ewan Birney. Mobile: +44 (0)7970 151230, Work: +44 1223 494420
<[email-masked]>. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
BioPython mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://biopython.org/mailman/listinfo/biopython