Subject: Conference announcement

From: Hans Liljenström <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 12:45:12 +0200

Dear Sirs,

I just recently learnt about your website and lists, and wonder if you
could announce the following meeting on your site/lists, since I believe
the meeting also overlaps with your interest groups. Thank you.

    Yours sincerely,

    Hans Liljenström, director
    Agora for Biosystem

             NORDIC SYMPOSIUM ON COMPUTATIONAL BIOLOGY 2000

                            18-23 JUNE 2000

                 AGORA FOR BIOSYSTEMS, SIGTUNA, SWEDEN

            Co-organized by Agora for Biosystems and Nordita

           An updated version of the program is available on
        http://www.agora.kva.se/meetings/CompBio2000/program.html

The symposium addresses questions of high current interest in biology
and related.fields. The main focus is on bioinformatics, but
computational methods applied to molecular and cellular biology, as well
as computational neurobiology and ecology will also be included.

The symposium is primarily intended to attract young scientists in the
Nordic and surrounding countries, but all interested are welcome as long
as space allows. A major objective is to give an introduction to some of
the most important problems and challenges within the field. This will
be accomplished by several tutorials, in addition to invited talks given
by top scientists from abroad and from the region. There will also be
ample time for poster presentations and for formal and informal
discussions.

TOPICS INCLUDE:
- Bioinformatics
- Macromolecular dynamics
- Computational (functional) genomics
- Computational neurobiology
- Computational ecology

INVITED SPEAKERS INCLUDE:
Edward Cox,  Dept. of Molecular Biology, Princeton University
Mats Gyllenberg, Dept. of Mathematics, University of Turku
John Hopfield, Dept. of Molecular Biology, Princeton University
Eric Jakobsson, Dept. of Molecular and Integrative Physiology,
University of Illinois
Inge Jonassen, Dept. of Informatics, University of Bergen
Erik Lindahl, Dept. of Physics, Royal Institute of Technology
Kristian Lindgren, Dept. of Physical Resource Theory, Chalmers and
Göteborg University
Michael Mackey, Department of Physiology, McGill University
Johan Paulsson, Dept. of Molecular Biology, Uppsala University
Hans Plesser, Dept. of Physics, Göttingen
Dirk Repsilber, Inst. for Forest Genetics and Forest Tree Breeding,
University of Hamburg
Mattias Wahde, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Chalmers

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
Soren Brunak, Center for Biological Sequence Analysis, Technical
University of Denmark
Olle Edholm, Theoretical Physics, Royal Institute of Technology,
Stockholm
Gaute Einevoll, Dept. of Physics, Agricultural University of Norway
Jarl-Thure Eriksson, Electrical Engineering Labs, Tampere University
Gunnar von Heijne, Center for Bioinformatics, Stockholm University
John Hertz, Nordita, Copenhagen
Hans Liljenström, Agora for Biosystems, Sigtuna
Dietrich von Rosen, Dept. of Biometrics, SLU, Uppsala

More information and registration form can be obtained:

   - http://www.agora.kva.se/meetings/CompBio2000
     Please register electronically using a web browser if possible.
    Abstract submissions can also be made via the online registration
form.

   - email: [email-masked]
   - by mail:  Hans Liljenstrom
                      Dept. of Biometrics, SLU
                      Box 7013
                      SE-750 07 Uppsala
                      Sweden
                      FAX: +46-18-673502