Subject: Compiling g98 under SGI 6.5

From: Reinaldo Pis Diez <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 10:16:23 -0300

Hi CCLers,

		I was trying to compile Gaussian 98, Rev A7, to run on an Origin 2000
under Irix 6.5.5m (according uname -R) and MIPSpro Fortran and C compilers
version 7.2.1.
		The compilation log file has several Error messages like this one 

>file [m-z]*.F not found.
>ar: Error: [m-z]*.o cannot open
>a - [m-z]*.o

and ends with the following lines

>f77 -nocpp -w -i8 -r8   -mips4 -64 -align64 -r10000 -mp -G 0  -O3
->LNO:blocking=OFF:prefetch=1 -r8const
->OPT:roundoff=3:IEEE_arithmetic=3:IEEE_comparisons=1:liberal_ivdep=T>RUE:Ol
imit=0:reorg_common=OFF  -o unfchk unfchk.o   util.so -mp ->lblas_mp -lfastm 
>endif

		The *.exe are generated but when I run a test job, it ends at link 301
stating that

IBasis=xxx is unrecognized in AtmBas

of course I'm using the most trivial basis sets, 3-21g* or 6-31g*, and
main-group elements, thus that error is nonsense.

		I'd appreciate if someone having similar problems would like  to share
your experience.

		Thanks in advance.

		Regards to all,					  

							Reinaldo