Subject: problems compiling autodock (fwd)

From: Hetenyi Csaba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 10:16:26 +0100 (NFT)

Hi,

I have some problem with compilation of autodock.
I use an SGI R4400 for running the program. Till this time I could use the
precompiled binaries, but a new problem occured: I need more grid points
than 128 /ca. 400/ and, therefore I have to compile the source. I have
changed the MAX_GRID_PTS value to 400 in autocomm.h and managed to compile
the autogrid sources. However, when I made the same change in autocomm.h
file in autodock library, the compilation was not succesful: the main.o
file had not a correct format according to the error-message of the
compiler.
Could you please write me how it is possible to use autodock with
more than 128 grid points.
There would be an other possibility to change the grid spacing to a larger
value than .375 so as to cover the whole target /which I need to/, but I
feel using this /smaller/ one is better /the number of succesful dockings
was greater in the latter case/.
/Please, find attached the modified Makefile for autodock, I used. I made
the compilations on an R5000, because we had the compiler licensed on that
computer only./
Thank you for your help.
Best regards,
Csaba Hetenyi.
[email-masked]