Subject: Re: CCL:QSAR

From: "Douglas Smith`" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 05:09:05 EDT

Oxford Molecular Group is in the beta testing phase, and will within about 4 
weeks, release Tsar for Windows.  This is the same as our Tsar product on 
SGI workstations, with all the same functionality including 2D and 3D 
descriptors, calculations, VAMP (Tim Clark) and Corina (John Gasteiger) back 
ends, etc.

However, the price point for the full package is only $9900 on the PC, 
compared to over $40,000 list on the SGI.

Contact me (at [email-masked]) for more details if you wish them.  We will 
be formally launching the program at the ACS meeting in Washington and the 
European QSAR meeting in Dusseldorff in late August.

Doug Smith
Product Manager
Decision Support programs

Oxford Molecular Group
[email-masked]

>From: Brian Williams <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: CCL:QSAR
>Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 15:22:28 -0400 (EDT)
>
>This is probably a FAQ, but an organic colleague of mine is interested in
>knowing more about what packages or code might be available to do QSAR.  We
>are a PUI ("Primarily Undergraduate Institution") and are looking to this 
>in
>as cost-effective manner as possible.  I myself have used molecular
>modelling/computational chemistry at very basic levels with packages such 
>as
>Spartan and HyperChem, but know little about QSAR.  Thanks for any advice.
>
>Brian Williams
>Dept. Chemistry
>Bucknell University
>
>
>
>-= This is automatically added to each message by mailing script =-
>[email-masked] -- To Everybody    |   [email-masked] -- To 
>Admins
>[email-masked] -- HELP CHEMISTRY or HELP SEARCH
>[email-masked] -- archive search    |    Gopher: gopher.ccl.net 
>70
>Ftp: ftp.ccl.net  |  WWW: http://www.ccl.net/chemistry/   | Jan: 
>[email-masked]
>
>
>
>
>

________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com