Subject: Quantum Chemistry Package with GUI

From: Stefan Portmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 10:09:05 +0200

Hello

we have to think about a future solution for student classroom
computers. In the quantum chemistry course we are currently using
UNICHEM on SGI workstations. The new machines do not have to be SGI's
necessarily again. I was already browsing the net to find UNICHEM like
packages (should include a molecular editor) to run on other UNIX
platforms (in particular LINUX) and was not very successful. On windows
systems there are some options (Hyperchem, Titan). Does anybody know of
something useful (commercial or freeware)?

Thanks for you input

Stefan

-- 
Dr. Stefan Portmann
Laboratory of Physical Chemistry
ETH-Zurich
Universitaetsstr. 65
CH-8092 Zurich 
Switzerland

Phone: +41 (0) 1 632 57 82
Fax:   +41 (0) 1 632 16 15
e-mail: [email-masked]
WWW: http://igc.ethz.ch/portmann

---

From: "Oscar N. Ventura" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 10:17:42 -0300 (GRNLNDST)

Hi Stefan:

Wavefunction has a version of Spartan that runs under Linux, it's called
Linux Spartan. Look at www.wavefun.com.

O.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prof.Dr.Oscar N. Ventura             Tel.+(5982)9248396 Fax +(5982)9241906
MTC-Lab,Facultad de Quimica          MTC-Lab  http://bilbo.edu.uy/MTC-Lab.html 
Universidad de la Republica
Gral.Flores 2124, C. C. 1157         All opinions are my own, and not
Montevideo 11800, URUGUAY            necessarily those of my employer          

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." --- Salvor Hardin 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------