Subject: CCL: Announcing CSTC 2001

From: "Ajit J. Thakkar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 16:24:27 -0300

CSTC 2001: First E-mail Announcement

14th Canadian Symposium on Theoretical Chemistry  (CSTC 2001)
	August 5-9, 2001

Dear Colleague,

We are pleased to announce that the 14th Canadian Symposium on
Theoretical Chemistry (CSTC2001) will be held in Ottawa, Canada on Aug.
5-9, 2001.  Please mark this date on your calendar and plan to attend
this important milestone:  As the first Canadian Theoretical meeting of
the new millenium, we plan to look at new developments in theory, and to
have a number of experimental talks as well.  

Ottawa is the capital city of Canada.  With the Parliament Buildings,
the National Gallery, the proximity to Quebec (just across the Ottawa
River) and the Gatineau Park, Ottawa is a popular tourist destination
and a great place to bring your family for the week.  Ottawa has an
international airport with direct flights to many international cities
as well as connections through Montreal and Toronto airports.

The Conference will be held on the campus of Carleton University, with
inexpensive rooms available in the University Residence. For those who
prefer it, hotel and motel accomodation will be available near the
University. The Conference Web site is located at:
http://chemistry.carleton.ca/theory/cstc2001
<http://chemistry.carleton.ca/theory/cstc2001> 

At this time (July, 2000) the list of invited speakers is essentially
complete, and is shown below.  The Web Site already contains links to
Ottawa and to the University, for those who want a preview of coming
attractions.  Hope to see you in 2001!

	Conference Co-Chairs:  

	Jim Wright (Carleton) [email-masked] 
	Fred McCourt (Waterloo) [email-masked]

	Organizing Committee:

	Bob Leroy (Waterloo) <[email-masked]> 
	Dennis Salahub (NRC, Ottawa) <[email-masked]> 
	P. Sundararajan (Xerox, Toronto)
	Ajit Thakkar (New Brunswick) <[email-masked]> 

Invited Speakers:
W. Andreoni* (IBM, Zurich)                  P. Kollmann (San Francisco) 
R. Bader (McMaster)                         P. Kusalik (Dalhousie)
A. Becke (Queen's)                          W.-Ki Liu (Waterloo)
D. Bishop (Ottawa)                          R. Marcus (CalTech)
A. Boldyrev (Utah State)                    W. Meath (Western Ontario)
R. Boyd (Dalhousie)                         R. Miller (North Carolina)
R. Buenker (Wuppertal)                      G. Patey (British Columbia)
N. Cann (Queen's)                           J. Polanyi (Toronto)
D. Clary (London)                           L. Radom* (Canberra)
C. Cramer (Minnesota)                       T. Seideman (NRC, Ottawa)
M. Cybulski (Miami)                         A. Stone (Cambridge)
A. Dalgarno (Harvard)                       P. Sundararajan (Xerox, Toronto))
J. Delos (William & Mary)                   J. Tennyson (London)
T. Dunning (Pacific Northwest Labs)         A. Thakkar (New Brunswick)
B. Eu (McGill)                              A. van der Avoird (Njimegen)
N. Halberstadt (Toulouse)                   J. Watson (NRC, Ottawa)
J. Hutson (Durham)                          T. Ziegler (Calgary)
P. Jorgensen* (Aarhus)                      R. Zare (Stanford)
R. Kapral (Toronto)

*acceptance is still tentative as of July 21, 2000