Subject: Supercomputing workshop free to Pennsylvania researchers and students

From: PSC Workshop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 12:00:36 -0400 (EDT)

Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center
                   Parallel Processing on CRAY MPP Systems 

PSC will offer two workshops to students and researchers associated with
Pennsylvania academic institutions. The workshop is designed for people
who have an interest in applying high performance computing to their
teaching or research or who are simply interested in knowing more about
parallel computing. 

Location: PSC in Mellon Institute	Location: Drexel University
Date: September 6 - 8, 2000		Date: September 12-13, 2000
Application deadline: Sep 1, 2000 	Application deadline: Sep 3, 2000.

PURPOSE:

The purpose of this workshop is to introduce participants to parallel
processing on the CRAY T3E and to explore more advanced topics, including
message passing, performance monitoring and optimization techniques. 

To ensure quality training, our workshops incorporate both lectures and
extensive hands-on lab sessions. Programming exercises are carefully
designed to reinforce concepts and techniques taught in class. Our
instructors have strong scientific and technical backgrounds and are
available for individual consultation during lab sessions. 

     A working knowledge of FORTRAN or C and UNIX is required. 
     Parallel computing experience is not necessary. 

AGENDA and LECTURE NOTES:

The workshop agenda and lecture notes can be found online. 

REGISTRATION:

Registration fees are waived to students, professors or researchers
associated with academic institutions in the state of Pennsylvania. 

Please complete the online registration form before the deadline at
http://www.psc.edu/training/registration_form.html 

You may also apply for this workshop by sending the requested information
via electronic mail to [email-masked], via fax to (412/268-5832), or via
conventional mail to:

     Workshop Application Committee
     ATTN: Tom Maiden
     Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center
     4400 Fifth Avenue
     Pittsburgh, PA 15213.

Early applicants of the workshop located at PSC will be notified of
acceptance during the week of August 28, 2000. 

All those applying to the workshop at Drexel will be notified during the
week of September 4, 2000. 

For additional online information, please visit
http://www.psc.edu/general/education/Lecture_List.html
or contact the workshop coordinator at
[email-masked]. 

HOUSING and TRAVEL:

Housing and travel are the responsibility of participants.