Subject: Re: CCL:G98 job cannot work

From: Mr Donkey <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 00:16:26 -0400 (EDT)

Yubo,

this usually means that the maximum shared memory (shmmax) is set too
small. This can be aleviated by doing the following:

echo 67108864 > /proc/sys/kernel/shmmax

this sets the shmmax to 64 MB. As I don't know what is required by G98,
this may still be too small. You could try increasing that number if it
still doesn't work.

once you find a value that works you can add this command to
the end of /etc/rc.d/rc.local so it is automatically run whenever you turn
on the computer.

hope this helps.

- Don Key
[email-masked]

On Sun, 30 Jul 2000, Yubo Fan wrote:

> Dear CCLers:
> 
> I have met some problems when I ran G98 jobs on my machine. My machine
> is a dual PII computer with 256MB memory and RedHat Linux 6.2 is
> installed. G98 jobs can be run correctly if I don't use parallel option.
> When I add the line '%nprocs=2' on the top of input files, the following
> message was given. 'shmget failed.: Invalid argument' For I am a Linux
> beginner, I cannot solve this problem. Could you please give me some
> advice?
> 
> Thanks in advance
> 
> Sincerely yours,
> 
> Y. Fan