Subject: Financial support for CCL - please help...

From: Jan Labanowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 19:24:19 -0400 (EDT)

Dear CCL Members
Your vacationing coordinator is speaking...

I am enjoying my vacations in Europe, and I hope most of you also had
a chance to get some rest. I still have 2 weeks to go...
As you see, I am also trying to peek and poke. This will not be available
>from now on, until I return though, since I am now escaping to the wild...

But before I go, I need to remind you about:
   http://www.ccl.net/chemistry/aboutccl/supporting/
Id:       ccl
Password: ccl

Or go to www.ccl.net, an click on About CCL/Supporting on left bar...

I am very thankful for responses received about out supporting pages.
All were very encouraging and some comments were right on the "button".
The new, updated pages are being worked on by my student assistants. 

But we need more of you to share your opinion... Counters are depressing...
We have to be able to judge if we are affecting your benevolent instincts
with our take on sponsoring pages and offers. We know that we can make them
better with your advice. We can offer additional or different benefits, but
we need your input... 

We also need to find out if YOU ARE GOING TO SUPPORT CCL!!!
If you are likely to support CCL, tell us. If you are not going to support CCL
please tell us too... We have to assess how to support CCL, and
quite frankly, also, if CCL is worth maintaining. So your opinions are very
important. We are currently considering special rates for students and
retired scientists as a result of comments which we have received.
But obviously, this means that more of you would have to consider CCL
a worthy service.  

At this moment your opinion and answers are not binding, and we also reserve 
the right to change the offer dramatically, or to cancel it. But we need
to know! We really have to plan in advance and see the future clearly.

So, please help us to carry CCL to the new millennium with your advice and
support. I sincerely believe that CCL is a useful resource. It proved itself
both by its age (we are kind of dinosaurs since recent C14 studies indicate
that we were in operation long time before the Web tectonic movements).
and your wide and often devoted participation. But obviously, I am biased... 
So please help us decide how to maintain CCL in the future with your advice
and support. Note, CCL is a truly academic effort, is maintained by students,
and is not influenced by big sponsors, particular academic group or school
of thought, or an individual with a big ego. It is supported by OSC, and
would not be here if not the encouragements and financial support from OSC
management. But we need to have a clear vote of confidence from our
subscribers. This is your list, we are only maintaining it...
Please send us your thoughts to [email-masked]

Jan Labanowski

Jan K. Labanowski            |    phone: 614-292-9279,  FAX: 614-292-7168
Ohio Supercomputer Center    |    Internet: [email-masked] 
1224 Kinnear Rd,             |    http://www.ccl.net/chemistry.html
Columbus, OH 43212-1163      |    http://www.ccl.net/