Subject: Imagining Software

From: Douglas_Stack/CAS/UNO/[email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 14:30:07 -0500

Does anyone know of a software package (Windows based preferably) that can that
a graphic file that represents 3-D on a 2-D image (color coded contour for
example) and generate a 2-D, graph of that data a certain point.   This would
involve drawing a line across the picture and the program generating an x vs. y
graph for the data points on that line.  If I could find a program that could
convert a color-coded .tiff into x,y,z coordinates, I could import the data to
Excel and accomplish the same thing.  What is desired is to generate x vs. y.
graphs from a "3-D" picture (represented as a color coded .tiff image) by
selecting different segments of the .tiff image.

Thanks in advance,

Douglas E. Stack
Assistant Professor
Department of Chemistry
University of Nebraska at Omaha
Omaha, NE 68182-0109
(402) 554-3647
(402) 554-3888 (fax)
[email-masked]