Subject: Running Spartan under LSF

From: "C. D. Poon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 10:25:39 -0400

I have a couple of questions concerning running Spartan under Load
Sharing Facility (LSF).  Hopefully, some of you have experience with it
and give me a hand.

When I invoke Spartan under LSF, Spartan starts but it creates another
process with new ppid.  So, LSF thinks that the Spartan job is done but
in fact, Spartan just gets started.  I wonder whether anyone has a work
around for that.

Since Spartan drops outside of LSF in no time, needless to say, all jobs
submitted under Spartan GUI will be run outside LSF queue.  Here is my
work around.  Once a Spartan job is created, it actually creates a new
directory with all input, output files in it.  Instead of selecting
"Submit" in the GUI, the work around is to locate that directory in an
UNIX terminal, use the LSF command to invoke "spartan -x
directory_name".  Is there a way to modify the "Submit" in the GUI to
invoke LSF command?

Thank you very much.

C. D. Poon
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.