Subject: programs for generation of topological indices

From: Clair W Cabal <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 13:04:01 -0600 (MDT)

All,

Please forgive me if this is a redundant request, but in reviewing the
archives, I don't see much on this topic since 1995.  

I am in search of a stand alone program to generate a very large number of
toplogical indices for chemical compounds.  I know of, but am not familiar
with MOLCONN-X, QuaSar-Descriptor and Dr. Basak's POLLY 2.3.  A respondent
to this query posed in 1995 mentioned a program called EMMA which could
handle up to 2,000 descriptors, but I have not received a response to
an inquiry about this from the developer at Moscow State University.  

I would appreciate any feedback about use of the above mentioned programs
and any information about others that may have been developed more
recently. 

Thank you.

Clair Cabal
Research Assistant
Machine Learning Research Lab
Department of Computer Science
University of Montana
Missoula, Montana
email: [email-masked]
fax:  (406) 243-5139