Subject: program for viewing MD

From: Grzegorz Bakalarski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 15:38:14 +0200

Hello,

I look for a graphical program to visualize MD. The program should be as simple
as possible. It is for my students that write their first MD code. The input
should be as simple as possible ,eg. 
atom_type, x,y,z 

for some 1000 steps, system consists of max 1000 atoms. It would be nice if it could color
atoms using kinetic energy, but this is not very important. It does not have to have advanced graphics - 
spheres or crosses would be OK. It has to run on SGI Indy IRIX 6.2 R4400 old machine.
It should also be for free ...
I tested VMD and MOIL-VIEW, however they are to complex (and I don't know AMBER
trajectory format). It just should show my student the behavior of system.

Any suggestions ? (|:-)

gb

---

From: Ingo Brunberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 17:11:41 +0200 (CEST)

Try XMakemol, it is the simple program you search for. Its homepage
location is

http://vegemite.chem.nott.ac.uk/~xmakemol/

Good luck,

Ingo Brunberg