Subject: Another round of CCG Excellence Awards is coming! (Graduate Student Travel to ACS)

From: "Curt M. Breneman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 15:22:53 -0500

Announcement:

===> Applications for CCG Excellence Awards are now being accepted for
the Spring 2001 ACS Meeting in San Diego, CA. <===

The ACS Division of Computers in Chemistry and the Chemical Computing
Group (CCG) are again pleased to announce a competition for five
Graduate Student Travel Awards for ACS meeting attendance.  Each of the
five awards will reimburse up to $1,150 of travel and local expenses
associated with attending the 221st ACS National Meeting in San Diego,
CA being held during the first week of April, 2001.  Preference will be
given to students presenting papers or posters in one of the COMP
sessions.

Graduate Students may apply for the CCG Excellence award by submitting
an abstract of their poster or presentation to me along with a personal
statement, a letter of support from their research advisor and a one to
two page CV.  The awardees will be chosen by members of the COMP
Executive Committee on the basis of the quality and significance of the
research to be presented, the strength of the supporting materials, and
standard ACS/COMP award criteria. 

Please submit materials to:

Prof. Curt M. Breneman
RPI Department of Chemistry
110 8th St
Troy, NY 12180 USA

Thanks for your interest.

Curt Breneman
RPI Chemistry
COMP Treasurer

Original Posting: F2000
-----------------------------------------------------------------
CHEMICAL COMPUTING GROUP ESTABLISHES STUDENT EXCELLENCE AWARDS IN
CONJUNCTION WITH THE COMP DIVISION OF ACS

 For further information and/or to apply for the award please contact:

 Professor Curt M. Breneman
 COMP Treasurer and Fundraising Coordinator
 RPI Department of  Chemistry
 [email-masked] (518) 276-2678 - phone / (518) 276-4045 - fax.
-------------------------------------------------------------------