Subject: Gaussian98 won't give me a WFN-file

From: Michael Brunsteiner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 11:29:04 +0000

Dear all,

  I run a small job on a simple molecule with Gaussian98
(example input script below) ... and i'd like to have Gaussian
to write a WFN-file at the end of the run for further
analysis, however, it seems just to ignore the OUTPUT keyword given.
I can find no wfn-file in the working nor in the scratch 
directory and there is no according message in the output ...

i'd be very grateful if anybody could tell me what i made wrong

thanks in advance 
mic

--------------------------------------------- 
# HF/6-31G** OPT=VERYTIGHT OUTPUT=WFN

co    optimization

0, 1
C        0.000000    0.000000   -0.636408
O        0.000000    0.000000    0.477306

HF.631++.wfn
---------------------------------------------

===================================================
The Golden Rule of Arts and Sciences:
        He who has the gold makes the rules.

"Why should we subsidize intellectual curiosity?"
 -Ronald Reagan
---------------------------------------------------

Michael Brunsteiner
Centre for Theoretical and Computational Chemistry
University College London
mailto:[email-masked], 
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~uccambr/
---------------------------------------------------