Subject: MSSC2001 - Modeling in Solid State Chemistry

From: Theoretical Chemistry Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 16:21:59 +0100

European Summerschool
           Ab initio Modeling in Solid State Chemistry
                            MSSC2001
 
            September 11-15, 2001 -Torino, Italy 
           Director R. Dovesi, University of Torino

The Theoretical Chemistry Group of the Torino University is organizing a
Summer School on the ab initio simulation of crystalline and defective solids.

The school is addressed to PhD students with interests in solid state
chemistry, physics, materials science, surface science, catalysis. 

Students will be expected to be familiar with the basic theoretical
apparatus of quantum chemistry and solid state physics.

The school will provide an overview of the possibilities offered by ab
initio quantum mechanical techniques when applied to characterize solid
state materials. 

The capabilities of the new release of the CRYSTAL code, CRYSTAL2001, will
be illustrated during afternoon sessions in our computer room.

For further information send a mail to [email-masked], and see:

http://www.ch.unito.it/ifm/teorica/mssc2001/annuncio.html

Theoretical Chemistry Group
University of Torino
Via Giuria 5 - I 10125 Torino
Italy
Phone: +39 011 670 7564
Fax:	+39 011 670 7855