Subject: Support CCL again -- few explanations

From: Jan Labanowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 17:02:20 -0500 (EST)

Dear CCLers,

It is again me with the Support CCL, Please... 
(Do not dare to push the d button yet...).

After looking at the very well written request for support of Gordon 
Research Conferences in Computational Chemistry (which I support very much)
and after getting several questions on the recently announced support drive
for CCL, I need to pitch again (I will soon sound like your neighborhood
Public Radio Station for those in the US).

I really would appreciate your support for CCL. While OSC is giving CCL
a lot of support, and thanks to OSC's support and encouragement the CCL
will be 10 years old in January, maintaining the list and the site
is labor intensive. Making it better is even more expensive, since it
requires that I buy myself from other duties. So please consider helping.
It does not have to be much, but every dollar helps to pay students working
the list, buy hardware and software, pay the disposables and phones, etc...
Your support also shows the world that you consider CCL worthy your support.
You can help CCL sending small installments (if you prefer to do it this way),
or just send us some money every year or so. 

Please scan the information on the Web at:

   http://www.ccl.net/chemistry/aboutccl/supporting/

and learn about details. We do not monitor the traffic to CCL pages,
since we are too busy to do that. No evil script will grab your identity
and put it on a "prospect e-mail list". We do not do such things...
So please read what I have to say, even if you cannot contribute at this
moment. You may learn a few things about the list and our mission.

In short... We are educational charity, formally a part of OSU (OSC is
formaly a department of OSU for accounting purposes) , so your
donations to CCL are tax deductible in US (and probably in many other
countries, but you know better).  After donating, you will get the
official thank you letter acknowledging your support which you can use
for tax purposes.

If you do not want to read all this and fill up forms, and you just want
us to thank you in our Donor Page: http://www.ccl.net/cgi-bin/donors you can:
  
1) Send me a check with your donation to:
                  OSC Development Fund (CCL)
                  Attn. Jan K. Labanowski
                  1224 Kinnear Rd
                  Columbus, OH 43212-1163, USA

2) FAX a simple page with your contact information (Name, Address, Phone)
   amount of donation, kind of your credit card (only Visa or MC are accepted
   at this moment), credit card number, expiration date, and SIGNATURE and
   address it to:
                  OSC Development Fund (CCL)
                  Attn. Jan K. Labanowski
                  FAX: 614-688-3998
   This is a secure FAX located in the closed space of OSC business office.

3) Just call me at 614-292-9279 (my OSC office) or 614-487-8373 (home office,
   I often telecommute {:-)} -- also my wife can write it down) and if
   I am there, I will gather the needed information (i.e., Credit Card
   information, contact, information and the amount you want to donate.
   Send me also e-mail ([email-masked]) that you called, so I can confirm
   your donation immediately and have some tangible proof that you are
   you {:-)}. We are the same time as New Your City, and please do not
   call me at 4am {:-)}. DO NOT SEND ME CREDIT CARD NUMBERS BY EMAIL, PLEASE...

Note we have to have your contact information even if you want to be
anonymous. We will not share this information but we are required by law
to know who gave us money.  If you have other ideas how to support CCL
financially, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email-masked]
or just call me at 614-292-9279. We are flexible and open to
suggestions.

I want also to thank you all of you who support CCL with your lively
exchanges and discussions, you contribution to CCL archives, and
the occasional pat on the back for what we are doing here. If you
do not want to help us financially, please contribute in other ways, so
it makes sense for us to seek financial help.

Jan Labanowski

Jan K. Labanowski            |    phone: 614-292-9279,  FAX: 614-292-7168
Ohio Supercomputer Center    |    Internet: [email-masked] 
1224 Kinnear Rd,             |    http://www.ccl.net/chemistry.html
Columbus, OH 43212-1163      |    http://www.ccl.net/